Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
garden_love

Should I use this for my first fairy house?

garden_love
11 years ago

I just bought a new house a few months ago and this old hollow stump was in one of the gardens. I have finally decided to make it a fairy house. Is it a good choice? Of course we still have lots of snow so I have a few months to plan it out. Any thaughts or suggestions? Thanks!

Comments (10)

• frankielynnsie
    11 years ago

I think it would make a lovely fairy house. It makes my creative ideas flow-you could make a mushroom cap of hypertufa for the roof and then several other hypertufa mushrooms in clusters around it to pull it together. When you get done put a picture up for us.

• garden_love
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Great ideas! I do plan on posting once it is done. I was wondering what I could do for a roof! Thanks!

• bluestar_tam
    11 years ago

I would definitely use it as a fairy house! I used a large log that had 2 smaller stumps coming off of it and created this gnome home. I like the way mine turned out. Yours has tons of potential! :o)

• garden_love
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Your house is pretty awesome! I have never made a fairy house outside before. I have done a few bird houses for fairies but I don't go to the extent that I would for an outdoor fairy house. I moved the stump out of the garden and put it by my house so I didn't have to worry about any snow hurting it. but everytime I walk past it I can't help but think that I need to do something with it.

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Cool stump & will be perfect for a fairy house ... add some little windows, shutters & a door ... you can make those out of wood or 'found junk,' of course! You wouldn't even have to attach a roof (unless you'd like)...you could make a roof from 'found materials' & stick it in the ground like 'umbrella' style! Oh, whatever you do, you're going to have fun! Yes, please share pics when you done! TFS! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

Yes indeed, I think this stump would make an excellent fairy house! Keep us posted on your progress!

• garden_love
    Original Author
    11 years ago

despite all of the snow, I have Already found a couple things for the fairy house for the spring. I can't wait!

• sunnyca_gw
    11 years ago

I saw a glass lamp shade that had markings on it yesterday at TS & my 1st thought was fairy house or tall mushroom. So that might work & hole in center allows it to have metal rebar going through it & into ground to hold it in place. Have fun & have couple of months to plan it out before Spring. Jan

• a.girl.named.max
    11 years ago

It's absolutely perfect for a fairy house!

• garden_love
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ok so im going to cheat on the house a bit. I was going to try to do everything with nature things but I was in a junk store today and HAD to buy a few things! I figured that with the mini birdhouse my fairys need some birds too! The wreath im going to decorate with nature things and hang it on the fairys door. and these veggie garden stakes were a must! Just perfect for the fairys to have a garden! I also got some natural spanish moss and a few little mushrooms. Cant wait for spring!

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars271 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz