Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rusty's Cousin Oxidado

Posted by tinfoilhat AZ 10 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 14, 12 at 22:34

After making my last bird I had a bunch of discarded thoughts and pieces I didn't use sitting on the welding table. This kind of fell together while I was cleaning off the table. Reminded me of some of the temple carvings I had seen in Mexico and Belize. I tried to keep him as 2 dimensional as possible.

</td

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rusty's Cousin Oxidado

He "fell" together pretty darn good. He is great. You are very creative. Thanks for sharing.

Marylee

o

Found a perfect home, too...at that snarly stump. TFS! Jeanne S.

o

COOL, COOL, COOL! Love Oxidado...you find the best junkie parts to work with. John and I are very jealous!

o

There is an AWESOME Brain under that tin foil hat ! You make things "fall together" just perfectly .

o

Oxidado looks like a happy cousin, his middle looks like a smile tilted to the right! Well coated with rust!!Perfect by the stump! I hope you "gathered up your thoughts" & filed them in a "safe" place so you can pull some out for your next project!! ~.~ Jan

o

That is a great bird!
Hope more things 'fall together' for you
to show us!

o

Neat !

o

I don't post here very often, but I have to say that I always look forward to seeing what's new in your line of creation and always fall in love with all of it. You make me want to learn how to weld. Keep up the good work

Ms. Faith

o

Marvelous!
Is that something growing out of the stump under Oxi's beak in the photo?
Kathy

o

Kathy
Those are what I call desert pine cones when I'm in mixed company. I don't know the real name.
They have a silver dollar size white flowers in the spring. They have weak joints and are easily broken. The pieces that fall to the ground root themselves continue growing.
I started this clump with 4 pieces I stuck in the ground about 3-4 years ago

Desert Pine Cone

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here