Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What happened to stepping stone planters?

Posted by sunnyca (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 25, 11 at 23:03

I went to messages & found the stepping stone planters made from 12 in. pavers in message 29 & it was about 4th from bottom of message. It's gone & I can't find it. Does anyone have it & can post here since GF went & got the pavers. Thanks!Jan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What happened to stepping stone planters?

Is this it? Linda

Here is a link that might be useful: Stepping Stone Planter link

o

Thanks Linda! I had them this morning & then was walking my GF around on this site,tonight & they were gone, I thought maybe someone had brought them up to new messages since Either Lowes or Home Depot had the 12 in. pavers for I think 79 cents each so that would make it a pretty cheap project as you need 5 pavers per planter So that is less than $5 except I don't know how much the adhesive is. I'll tell her to come on & have a look. Thanks so much!ps-Are you ready for snow!!) Jan

o

I'm glad someone brought up the paver planters again. I don't know where it went either.
I read the paver post last night and am wondering if I can do something similar to make square raised beds on one of our downtown flower beds that has terrible terrible soil. We (the garden club) agreed to do a bed honoring the anniversary of a local group and that would be the best place. They would like it loosely based on their anniversary logo so that means square. I'm thinking 2 feet on each side and six inches high, four of them. If I can't find 2 foot long pieces, I'm imagining I could add a reinforcement to the sides where the seam is, maybe even mosaic it! I would have to make them in place, but maybe my dh and my mosaic buddy would help me. I am talking May here, next thing I'm doing today is shoveling snow. But the group wants to know where the garden will be by next week, so I have to think it through now.

Kathy

o
stepping stone planters?

Kathy I would think these would work well, Also if you want logo on 1 you could use metal-aluminum letters or numbers & then attach with contractors adhesive to the paver & paint contrasting color or mosaic & add in logo. With these raised planters will probably do better than stuff in the ground getting walked over & easier to replace plants & probably not attract as many weeds if you mulch plants in. Good Luck! Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here