Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

YIKES! A Moose in Our Yard!

kirkus
13 years ago

Last weekend, I went to our favorite, country, thrift store and bought a TON of heavy iron pieces! The owner had been saving the pieces for me to see. :o) He knows me well! I'll post the other pieces later but here's a moose I bought. The moose is VERY heavy and rustic...soooo cool! I love him and had to share THE MOOSE IN OUR YARD!!! :o) Love a good find! Bear Hugs! (or should I say MOOSE HUGS?!) Kirk

{{gwi:132504}}

Comments (18)

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

He is a great looking moose, so detailed & rustic, love the look!! Jan

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

That is an awesome moose. He looks special. I love it. - Marylee

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

He looks like caste iron. I started a small collection of caste iron animals but I have never seen that one! Great find! He looks like he would be right at home with your bears.

• kirkus
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Luna, Mr. Moose is cast iron and oh-so-heavy! I absolutely love him! Our cat Toeby is afraid of him though! LOL! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• a.girl.named.max
    13 years ago

Lucky you! Can't wait to see the other pieces.

Always Max

• arcy_gw
    13 years ago

I love a good moose!! Mine is 3ft by5ft. I picked up a "christmas" decoration, removed the lights, painted him brown and planted him in my hosta garden. I LOVE him. When I get the energy he will become a topiary.

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

What a great day for you!!!! Those are great finds!

• Crafty Gardener
    13 years ago

Great find.

• laurastheme
    13 years ago

HOW COOL is that? Oh, yeah. Of course he's cool. He's standing in the snow. lol
    When you get tired of him I'll take him off your hands. I'll meet you at the pass.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

There's a "Moose on the loose!" Oh, I guess not!
    Looks like he's been tamed & found a good home! Nice find! Lookin' forward to your iron projects! TFS! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

I think that's the finest looking moose I've ever seen! He looks great at your house...lucky you!

• nonacook
    13 years ago

Love the moose and all the other things that you bought that day!

• chelcass
    13 years ago

AWEEEEEEEEEEEESOME! Looked at your other iron pieces, WOW! I would love to shop where you shop!

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

I commented on the conversation side, but he merits another post. He is perfect for your house, he must really weigh a ton. I don't have to many iron pieces, but DH has tried to put a halt to any new concrete pieces in my future.
    Frou

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

very cool!! I love him!!

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Wonderful detail. Very cool find.
    Kathy

• desertrat
    13 years ago

NICE!!! Perfect too because a moose of regular size would have cost a fortune! This you can call Mini Moose! I want some thrift stores like yours. Got to go thrifting today.
    Love, Jules

• smickerdoodle
    13 years ago

That is one awsome moose! He will look great in your yard all summer long.

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus