Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
YIKES! A Moose in Our Yard!

Posted by kirkus (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 20, 11 at 23:41

Last weekend, I went to our favorite, country, thrift store and bought a TON of heavy iron pieces! The owner had been saving the pieces for me to see. :o) He knows me well! I'll post the other pieces later but here's a moose I bought. The moose is VERY heavy and rustic...soooo cool! I love him and had to share THE MOOSE IN OUR YARD!!! :o) Love a good find! Bear Hugs! (or should I say MOOSE HUGS?!) Kirk

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: YIKES! A Moose in Our Yard!

He is a great looking moose, so detailed & rustic, love the look!! Jan

o

That is an awesome moose. He looks special. I love it. - Marylee

o

He looks like caste iron. I started a small collection of caste iron animals but I have never seen that one! Great find! He looks like he would be right at home with your bears.

o

Luna, Mr. Moose is cast iron and oh-so-heavy! I absolutely love him! Our cat Toeby is afraid of him though! LOL! Bear Hugs! Kirk

o

Lucky you! Can't wait to see the other pieces.

Always Max

o

I love a good moose!! Mine is 3ft by5ft. I picked up a "christmas" decoration, removed the lights, painted him brown and planted him in my hosta garden. I LOVE him. When I get the energy he will become a topiary.

o

What a great day for you!!!! Those are great finds!

o

Great find.

o

HOW COOL is that? Oh, yeah. Of course he's cool. He's standing in the snow. lol
When you get tired of him I'll take him off your hands. I'll meet you at the pass.

o

There's a "Moose on the loose!" Oh, I guess not!
Looks like he's been tamed & found a good home! Nice find! Lookin' forward to your iron projects! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

I think that's the finest looking moose I've ever seen! He looks great at your house...lucky you!

o

Love the moose and all the other things that you bought that day!

o

AWEEEEEEEEEEEESOME! Looked at your other iron pieces, WOW! I would love to shop where you shop!

o

I commented on the conversation side, but he merits another post. He is perfect for your house, he must really weigh a ton. I don't have to many iron pieces, but DH has tried to put a halt to any new concrete pieces in my future.
Frou

o

very cool!! I love him!!

o

Wonderful detail. Very cool find.
Kathy

o

NICE!!! Perfect too because a moose of regular size would have cost a fortune! This you can call Mini Moose! I want some thrift stores like yours. Got to go thrifting today.
Love, Jules

o

That is one awsome moose! He will look great in your yard all summer long.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here