Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

Captured Gnomes LOL

Purplemoon
13 years ago

For some reason, when I saw this photo of "captured" garden gnomes, it just tickled my funny bone.

Yes I know, I have a weird sense of humor. LOL.

{{gwi:132628}}

hugs, Karen

Comments (22)

• aquawise
    13 years ago

OMG! Those are SOoooooooo cute. Wonder where they got them. I have just the place to put them. HUMmmmmm! Pe-Paint job????

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

That is cute! It is the only thing, other than a lot of vines, that makes a chainlink fence look good.

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Aqua, those were hand-painted apparently. I 'recognized' some of those gnomes for garden sites. I'm glad others are finding these cute too.
    I might have to paint one and put him in a birdcage, LOL, as I don't have a chainlink fence.

hugs, Karen

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

Karen, it bears repeating..those are so cute. Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

• dollydee
    13 years ago

OMG...love them!! Thanks for sharing :)

My teenager was with me a few weeks ago when I ran across one in Big Lots, I walked by him and said "Hey little buddy, won't be long now 'til you'll be busting outta here!" Of course, he didn't have the stripes...and OF COURSE, she made fun of me for talking to a gnome!!!LOL

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

"Prisoners of the Garden" lucky gnomes!! Looks like they are enjoying their "labors" & I don't see any chains so they are free to move around in there.Only thing missing is a prisoners gnome dorm!LOL Very cute! Jan

• spedigrees z4VT
    13 years ago

That is a riot! From their little smiles and the twinkle in their eyes, I'd say maybe they have put one over on the guards!

• azcactusflower
    13 years ago

They are as cute as can be and certainly an "eye catcher" since they are not what you would expect. Thanks purplemoon for sharing with us.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Very funny!! They look WAY too happy being captured though, don't they? The fence really makes the whole scene! TFS~

• nmgirl
    13 years ago

Oh yeah LOL!

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

They are darling, you could even do just one in a cage and it would be cute.
    Frou

• threekittens_ia
    13 years ago

They are too cute. And what's funny is they appear to be above a retaining wall and likely a sidewalk. I think they try to bribe passerbys with the little deer and fish they are holding. Hoping they'll help break them out of there. :)

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

That's a great photo. They should be reported immediately to The Yard Art Game!

It's a hilarious website if you don't take your GJ too seriously.

• spedigrees z4VT
    13 years ago

This reminds me of a wall calendar I had back in the 1980s. (I bought a second one for a friend who collected teddy bears.) It was called 'Bears Gone Bad' and each month featured a photo of teddy bears smoking cigarettes or drinking beer, gambling, womanizing, burglarizing and finally behind bars on the December page. It was a riot.

Someone could have fun staging and photographing 12 shots of 'Gnomes Gone Bad.' It would paint a picture of the past criminal lifestyle of these gnomes that led to their incarceration behind the chain link fence!

• lifeshighwaygame_gmail_com
    13 years ago

I love this picture. Perhaps you would let me share it on my blog: The Yard Art Game. Thanks to red_oak_deer for the suggestion. I just sort of stumbled on this today.

Here is a link that might be useful: Along Lifes Highway The Yard Art Game

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

They are so cute.....they look like they'd really like to escape for a fun run!

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Lifeshighway, I saw this on a website, forgot which one, but see no reason you can't share the photo too. The site I saw it on was not the person who'd done them, or I'd have asked permission myself.

I'd sure love to find the sitting gnome above and paint him, love him holding his toes. LOL.

hugs, Karen

• lifeshighwaygame_gmail_com
    13 years ago

I know I have seen the little yoga stretching toe holding gnome before. I have see a lot of gnomes! If I run across him I will send you the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Along Lifes Highway The Yard Art Game

• kacram
    13 years ago

that is funny!

• Adella Bedella
    13 years ago

Now I want some. I like the idea of a birdcage.

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Now these must be naughty gnomes! Most likely mushroom thieves, I bet. Cute pic.

I followed link to link, gnome by gnome and discovered that there used to be Nazi gnomes were produced during that time in Germany - giving the salute! Also the mongols had garden gnomes in China. Saw a pic of one from a museum. It looked a lot like a very well made what we think of as a traditional gnome.
    So there are gnomes of all cultures and walks of life apparently, but unfortunately very few females.

Kathy

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Ahhhhhh, please Xerox a few of these & pass them along! LOL! Jeanne S.

{{gwi:132630}}

Or paint this sign for on the fence!!!

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists