Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Garden Shed Gardening in March!

jeannespines
12 years ago

12 days of 70 deg or more in a row now...should be 45 - 50 deg! So I've been gardening near the house but now have moved out to the garden shed! I'll take the SUMMER weather & hope that Winter doesn't return (now that it's legitimately the 1st day of Spring today!) LOL!

DH & I put up the barnwood barn birdhse that we build this winter on the fence post by garden shed...the Pussy Willow was blooming here:

{{gwi:132676}}

We've been making mulch out of dead trees/limbs & such ...so I got the mulching done in part of garden shed garden ...with the Daffodils blooming! Also added a cast iron bunny w/leaf that I bought at TJMaxx recently...I love cast iron cause it never wears out, I can leave it out all Winter & I don't mind RUST! ;-) Here's a close-up of a entertwined log that DH helped me move here for my bunny!

{{gwi:132677}}

Here's the front of that barnwood barn birdhouse...we made 3 compartments ...hope the Wrens find it...they usually do!

{{gwi:132678}}

And here's the Daffodils, Bunny & fence ... the curved border fence is old 'rake tines' that I've collected over the yrs at flea markets, garage sales & such. More iron & rust...& can leave out...love 'em for borders...very moveable, too!

{{gwi:132679}}Daffodils,

TFLookin' at my Spring/Summer gardening! Jeanne S.

Comments (10)

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Your barnwood bird house looks like it has been there all along, blends in with the fence & pitchfork gives nice feeling that work is going to be done shortly, in meantime it gives some interesting contrast to the scene! Love your new bunny with leaf & little bird! The logs make him look at home & with all those daffodils to nibble! Yum! Mine have already bloomed & most have died! With nice rain we had things should be really going to town soon. Wrens will be well taken care of with 3 apts. Do they tend to come back or are they different each year? Jan

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Jeanne, everything looks wonderful! You have inspired me to get busy on my yard. Thank you for sharing. Marylee

• pixie_lou
    12 years ago

Love the rake tines border. If I had any old rakes lieing around, I would borrow the idea.

I've also incorporated lots of little animals and tree stumps into my garden. But since I have a 7 year old, my animals and stumps look very childish. You have made yours look adult. As my little one grows and matures, my garden decor shall as well!

• oldcrafty
    12 years ago

Love what you've done. Spring is definately in the air!!

• jlily
    12 years ago

Your birdhouse is awesome. You have inspired us all. Enjoy! Jlily

• rafor
    12 years ago

I agree with pixie lou, unique use of the rake tines. Really cute ideas!

Great weather going on here too, so I just need to get my butt in gear!

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

It all looks wonderful! The bunny is adorable. I love your barnyard birdhouses.

We've had weather in the 70s here in NH too, but no daffs yet, just snow drops and glories of the snow so far (plus my asian witch hazel has been blooming for a few weeks.)

tfs
    Kathy

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Things are lookin' good there Jeanne! Love the new bunny and the new birdhouse looks great there by the pussywillow bush. It's been really warm here too...chickweed is really popping!

• nonacook
    12 years ago

That is a nice birdhouse! The wrens should
    enjoy it. My forsythia, azaleas, narcissus,
    snowdrops have all bloomed and gone. Really
    early for some of this even here in NW fl.

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

More Garden Shed Gardening in March ... can you believe it...Rhodendron's bloomin way early & this bee was enjoying it immensely!

{{gwi:132680}}

DH got new (old) door framed in one rotting end of my garden shed & we bought a couple new vinyl windows w/screens (so I'll be able to open windows! Yay!) ...I taped it yesterday & started painting...coming along, slow but sure:
    {{gwi:132681}}

{{gwi:132682}}

And with over 2 wks now of warm Spring/summer weather, was able to til the veggie garden...you can see my GJ a bit here...old post w/Condo birdhse, old wheel against post & other goodies!
    {{gwi:132683}}

& March isn't quite over yet! Thanks, GJers, for your comments...appreciated! Jeanne S.

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus