Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luna_llena_feliz

I really need to find my camera ...

luna_llena_feliz
13 years ago

Since we have moved, I haven't come across my camera yet. So I wish I could share pictures of my finds. :( This weekend I went junking to see what I could find for the Spring Fling. I got some awesome stuff for my Spring Fling Friend along with a bunch of great stuff for myself.

I bought a small wooden highchair made for a doll. I want to paint it and put in on the porch with a potted plant on the seat. I got 4 very pretty and colorful flower pots at Goodwill. They would be great with flowers in or used in a totem. I want to make a planter out of an old lamp and a metal colander as seen in Country Gardens Magazine. I found the metal colander, now I just have to find a cheap lamp. And did I mention that my DH bought me a rusty huge old hand saw? I think it will look like some scary monster in the garden with the teeth side up ... almost like the ridges on the back of a dinosaur only this creature would be submerged in the dirt (no kids or pets here). I'm going to have to find some type of flat marble that looks like an eye. All in all, it was a great weekend.

Comments (10)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Yep, you definitely need to find that camera! Glad you found so much neat stuff, that little highchair especially.
    Congratulations, and I will look forward to seeing photos from you soon.
    ;o)
    hugs, Karen

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

It sounds like you found some really good things. I hope you find your camera soon. - Marylee

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

sounds like a lot of fun stuff. Thank you for the idea of the metal colander /lamp planter. I think I'd like to make that. Can't wait to see yours.
    Kathy

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Glad you had a great time and found some treasures...sounds like you have projects coming up! Yes....find your camera! ;-)

• luna_llena_feliz
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ack! I forgot one of the best things I found over the weekend ... I'm always collecting bowling balls to mosaic. So I got excited when I saw one at one of my favorite thrift stores. I picked it up and lo and behold, who did I see on the side? None other than Bugs Bunny! Elmer Fudd was on the other side. It is a child's bowling ball in a pretty green. I don't have the heart to mosaic Bugs Bunny!

I plan to have a small vegetable garden in the back 40 (40 square feet that is lol). I have been collecting farm animals to put in the vegetable garden. I have a cute pig cookie jar, a fat little cow and now Bugs. I'll have to keep an eye out for some chickens and ducks too.

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

All of it sounds great. The Bugs and Elmer bowling ball will be great in your garden.
    Frou

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Did you get a craft room, luna? (upstairs)??? I'm glad you got moved & will be able to garden some (outside!) this yr...your little veggie garden sounds wonderful! Find that camera, woman! Jeanne S.

• luna_llena_feliz
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jeanne, I will be working in the basement where there is a sink and a toilet. lol! Gotta have a potty close by! I want to put my old microwave down there and a little fridge so I can practically live down there. Right now I'm waiting for my DH to finish fiddling with the electricity to the garage. The pipe that connects the wires to the garage is in my storage room where I want to put all my craft supplies. Now that the basement has been painted and the moldy drywall taken out, it doesn't bother me any more.

I could take pictures with my phone but I'm not sure where the plug-in is to hook it up to my computer. If I were electronically savvy, I could probably send pictures from my phone to my email.

Once I do find my camera, I will take pictures of my great finds.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Yippee, luna...good for you! You're going to finally have a "place" to GJ! Sounds great! Jeanne S.

• luna_llena_feliz
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I went shopping again today and found some other goodies. My favorites? Two orange glass vases. Now I have to look for some plates that would go with them for a totem. I know the cobalt blue kind would be stunning. I am going to hunt down my camera tomorrow! I am wiggling around like an excited puppy wanting to share my finds!