Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brick

Posted by r_murray 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 9, 11 at 3:01

This brick is one of the fire-brick once used on the charcoal ovens of Nevada.

I layered about 1/2" covering of plaster of Paris and carved an Egyptian figure in the surface. After coloring a bit here and there I put it out by the back door. Let's see that was 2005 but it's in good enough shape for the patio.

Photobucket

The weather has been so nice I've been doing a bit of clean-up. Also found in a pile of debris out by the back fence an old plaster mold I made back in 1995.
It's cleaned up now and sitting under a 100watt light. When it's dry I'll cast a new garden plaque.
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brick

You are so creative!

o

Those are neat. I like them. Looks like you are getting geared up for spring. Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

o

Impressive....I like those. You can really go to town making those molds

o

Cool!!!

o

Great stuff! I always wanted to try my hand at concrete/hypertufa. Maybe when the weather is nicer ...

o

Egyptian ruins, moon god plaques? Interesting yard you have there, must have been built on ancient ruins!! I see a couple of pretty tiles survived! When all that is found few hundred years from now they will come up with quite a story! LOL Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here