Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Birds and Blooms

Posted by sprout_wi z4 WI (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 20, 11 at 4:12

Did anyone else enter the garden junk contest in Birds and Blooms last summer? I entered but didn't win the money prize. I did get a nice letter this week and a copy of their latest magazine which has an article called 'Frugal Gardening', and my photo and description are included (page 11).
I had submitted a fruit feeder for birds and/or butterflies, using a bud vase glued to the bottom of a fancy dish and mounted on a rod.

Sorry I don't have the photo - it was posted here earlier.
-Sprout

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Birds and Blooms

I just got my magazine and haven't opened it.. I will do that 1st thing in the am and look for it!!

o

Congratulations on your picture being in the magazine. I love Birds and Blooms. I usually get them at the library. I used to get several magazines through the mail but had to choose between getting our monthly meds or my magazine subscriptions. I'll be sure to check out that article on Frugal Gardening. That's right up my alley.

o

Ah ha, I see it. Congrats! Great picture.

o

Nice feeder! Glad you made it into the magazine, very practical & easy feeder to make too. Congrats! Jan

o

I get the magazine, Congratulations! Its so neat to someone from here featured.

hugs, Karen

o

I sent two entries and received nothing - - yet.

o

Well, sprout! congrats! You know what...when I read my magazine & saw that "fruit buffet" pic, I thought that it sure looks like an idea from our GJ forum! Thought it was pretty cool, too!

Grannytoo...I always love to hear when people buy their magazines from local library! ... much cheaper $$$-wise, "recycles" & also gives some money for library projects Our kids' summer program benefits from mag sales for 25cts ea...you'd be surprised! So, GJers, donate your mags to your local library! (ok, I'll quit preaching).

TFS, sprout! Jeanne S.

o

• Posted by sorie6 Zone4 Colo (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 20, 11 at 18:46

I love B&B!! I saw your bird feeder!!! Looks like a totem!! Great job. Congrats on having it published!!

o

I am waiting for mine to arrive....will have a look!

o

Found it. WTG!

o

Wow that is exciting!!! I wish I subscribed to the magazine. Congratulations!

o

Congrats to you! Great job!

o

Well I just thought I didn't have time to open my B&B....Nice pic and congrats on getting selected.

o

I was able to find the copy of Birds and Bloom at the library and the picture on page 11 is really nice. I love the fruit feeder. I'm going to borrow the idea to make a couple for my yard this year.

o

Congratulations!!! You did G-O-O-D!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here