Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any ideas on what to do with old ceramic tiles?

Posted by jeani 8B (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 28, 08 at 7:19

I got several old ceramic floor tiles from my neighbor when they re-did their kitchen floor. I've used several under large plants but I still have about 7 more. Any ideas what I could do with them in the garden? They are white in color.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any ideas on what to do with old ceramic tiles?

Break them up and use them for mosaics. You can make some pretty cool stepping stones. Or, if you're a pretty good artist (even if your're not!) you could paint on them or stencil on them and lay them in your garden or hang them on a shed.

o

If you have a table that the glass broke out of,you could make a plywood top and mosaic it with the tiles. Or put it on any table top! LOL

o

I've got a couple of tiles that I use as trivets to protect counters and tabletop.

o

I just had a big pile donated to my school for use in a huge mural art project!

o

my one sister took extras from my other sister and placed them in an area of my Moms backyard. They form an extension of her already existing concret patio and look great! I took old plates and dishes and broke up, mosaiced to a terrra cotta pot and saucer. all I need to do is finish grouting and sealing hten I can put it in the garden.Whatever you end up doign pleas post a picture for us to see.

Love, Jules

o

i have seen them laid on their side as edging like they do with bricks.

o

jeani, how about making a glass totem and using the tile as a base for it? Or better yet, send to me to use (LOL).

Please let us know what you decide to do and yes, provide pictures.

Ms. Faith

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here