Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grill Planter and finished aluminum flowers

Posted by bookjunky4life 5 Central IL (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 26, 12 at 7:52

Photobucket

I need to space them out more but you get the idea.

Photobucket

I bolted the white planters to the grill trays.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grill Planter and finished aluminum flowers

bookjunky4life, your flowers are really pretty. They look so cheerful. I like your grill planter, too. Please let us see it when it is all planted. Thank you for sharing.
Marylee

o

Did you use washers for flower centers? They came out very nice! The grill planter is a great recycle!! Should like great when planted!Jan

o

I drilled a hole through the center of the flower and a hole through the stake. I then placed a small 1/8" diameter bolt through the holes. I planned on putting a nut on the back but the 1" bolts were a little short. If there's not problem with them blowing off, then I probably won't mess with getting longer bolts.

o

Yep, had a problem with them blowing off. I found several blown off when I got off work, so I took them all down until I can get 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" bolts so I can put the nuts on the back. My MIL also has several people that want me to make them for them for $$$.

o

I like the cheery look of the flowers grouped together actually. 'grate' idea on the grill planter. It will look fabulous with flowers and trailing things in it!
Kathy

o

Ok - I guess I am switching to diet pepsi in cans instead of bottles so that I can try this. Very cute.

o

I've planted Laura Bush petunia seeds in the white planters. Maybe Alyssum in the middle?

I've redone the flowers and spaced them out a bit more. Working on five more for my MIL to give to a coworker for her birthday. I also think I will bolt some flowers and butterflies to the front of the grill planter to doll it up a bit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here