Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aussie_mum

I've been BUSY! :) (See My Pinterest page!!)

aussie_mum
11 years ago

Hi folk
I have been beavering away in my hot shed (yes, it's summer here in aussie-land!) gluing lots of things together!! I have at last finished 2 totems, several plate flowers, a heap of mushrooms, and have branched out into 'cake stands'.

Yes....I am addicted! LOL!

I recently went to a heap of op-shops and bought more supplies and so I spent one afternoon 'plating up' 20 new flowers! My garage floor is COVERED in "plate flowers" ready to be washed and glued! (see attached photo!)

I have too many 'finished projects' to post here so i have uploaded photos to my 'pinterest' page. I've posted a link to it below. Your feedback would be appreciated.Thanks :)

I am so happy with what I have achieved - I just can't stop making things! Help...I think I need an intervention! LOL!

Here is a link that might be useful: My new PINTEREST page with photos!

Comments (8)

• mjowest
    11 years ago

Very very nice! do you have to put them away for the 'winter'? I always enjoy making 'new' arrangements when I get them out each spring...
    glad you're having so much fun!!!

• aussie_mum
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks mjowest :)

No I don't think I will have to put them away for the winter....though we do get the odd night that goes down to zero where I live so I am not sure. We've once or twice had temps below zero on a very cold winter's night but we don't get snow here in South Australia.

So I will throw the question back to you USA/Northern hemisphere people....if you live somewhere where it only got to 'zero' once or twice a winter would you put your things away? How cold is 'cold' before you start worrying about the glue in your totems? I realise water can freeze in the cracks or where it has 'pooled' but that really isn't a huge problem where I am.

Thanks.

• toomuchglass
    11 years ago

OMG -- You ARE addicted ! LOL ! Join the club :) Are you putting them outside ?

I live in Wisconsin , right in the heart of the midwest - Milwaukee - USA ... and right next to Lake Michigan. Weird weather ! Heat , humidity ,cold temps ,rain and snow .
    I decided to make a bunch of plate flowers to hang on my bare wooden fence. I have about 20 plates hanging on it .
    They have braved the weather for 3 years now - all year round with no problem :) I used GE silicone 2 .....
    I glued hangers on the back with the silicone also - looking at them , I would bet they last for another 5 years !
    I highly recommend it -- I hope they have it by you !

PS - if you are addicted - this is the best place to be !!!

• mjowest
    11 years ago

me,tooo- cold Michigan weather- I've had some totems just left out (laziness??) lol- and they are fine, as long as the ice from the house doens't hit it when there's a melting.
    the rest go into an unheated shed- the only ones that broke, had water in them, which froze,expanded and cracked.
    I'd dare guess you're safe!

• aussie_mum
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yep...I'm totally and utterly addicted! :)

I plan to put some of my flowers up outside and sell the rest hopefully. :)

• sorie6 zone 6b
    11 years ago

Boy you did a great job!! What fun. I live in Colo. and leave all my glass stuff out. Lazy too!! I've only had one break so far. I do try to keep them close to the house tho. I figure if they break it gives me an excuse to make more :O.
    Welcome to the addicted group!!!:)

• suebeee
    11 years ago

another addict from the Badger state. Have left my plate flowers out glued with silicone 2 for about 3yrs with no problem. Wondering if anyone has a good way to transport totems?

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Yes, you have been busy! Definitely! Some pretties in your album! I am envying your nice weather ... so good to hear! I just have a couple glass totems & they can collect water ...so in the Winter I store them in my unheated garden shed ... about 4 or 5 yrs now ... & used GE Silicone II for Doors & Windows. Keep having fun! Jeanne S.

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?