Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
DIY Gazing Bowling Balls and stands

Posted by bookjunky4life 5 Central IL (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 9, 13 at 9:09

The stands are made from oil field pipe which we just had laying around the farm. The two stands on the left were over five foot tall, so I drove them in the ground over two feet with a sledge hammer (not easy!). I have to paint my bowling balls yet.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: DIY Gazing Bowling Balls and stands

My arms would fall off from all that pounding !!! LOL
I bet it will look nice with the balls on them. Great Project !!!

o

Love, love, love, the pipes! Those would look awesome with Bowling Balls covered in roofing nails. (something I've always wanted to do, but haven't yet...)

o

Or a penny BB! Your pipe stands are awesome! Great recycling! Jeanne S.

o

LOVE them!!! :)

o

I'm painting the stands black and the balls metallic silver.

o

Here is the before photo.

o

This is super!

o

Wow, I saw the finished ones 1st! They came out fantastic! Wondered how cheap plastic was holding up BB's that is great recycling!! You mentioned doing a couple more! That will be nice also could be used to keep people off area you don't want them on. If you get extreme winds there you might drill holes deeper into balls & stick rebar in that will go into ground a little but would keep balls on their pedestals assuming pipes are hollow! Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here