Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
March Project of the Month: Plant labels/signs

Posted by concretenprimroses 4B NH (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 2, 11 at 9:23

Hi, I'd like to propose a POTM like we used to do, for March. I am planning my garden, but the ground is covered with snow. A small project that us cold weather people can do indoors is Plant labels or signs for the garden.
I invite everyone to come up with garden junk plant labels or signs for the garden and post pics here in this thread!
Happy junking!
Kathy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: March Project of the Month: Plant labels/signs

I've actually been out in my garden/yard the past couple of days while I'm on spring break from work....I definitely need plant markers...been saving orange juice lids to make some of the markers shown on another thread here, but I like the POTM ideas, so hopefully, we'll see some great ideas here. Thanks for the inspiration!

o

I think it's a great idea. I used to like the POTM. Gives you something to think about. And it's always fun to see everyones different take on them.

There's a pc of wood in the burn pile that's been calling to me everytime I go past it. I'm thinking it would make a good garden sign. This is a good incentive to get it out of there and get something done about it.

Don't despair Kathy, spring is comming! Here in zone 8 I've got violets blooming all over and azaleas and wisteria just starting. The roses are leafing out with a bud here and there.

Happy Junking to you too!
Donna

o

I love these you can use any lid small are big and its really no end to how you can get creative with these.
Angie

Here is a link that might be useful: markers

o

Hers another idea i liked have done it yet.
Angie

Here is a link that might be useful: pretty plant markers

o

This sounds like fun and I could use some plant labels.
I'm in!

o

Great idea, crete...it is that time for us "cold weather" gardeners! Will be fun to see GJ ideas! Thanks for starting this...I've enjoyed the POTM in the past. Jeanne s.

o

I had clipped these which were made and posted by our own dcarch a year or so ago, since people are sharing ideas too:

Photobucket

Kathy

o

Great idea! I might even take part in this one. Since I'm not sure what I'll grown, I have been wanting to make a fun sign for the garden. Maybe this will be my kick in the pants to get me started.

o

I made some like dcarch did. They work great.

o

When I was still gardening we made these markers for all of my hostas.

Photobucket

o

i saw some markers on etsy-they are cute and cheap. made from vinyl mini blinds they just cut to size and decorated the top edge using paper scrapbooking punches.

o

my jar lid plant tag . we don't use concentrated juice and i'm sure i'd sever a limb trying to use regular can lids. i bought a 12 pk of ball seal lids, painted them and poked holes using my cropodile. my handwriting sucks so next time i'll stamp with alcohol base ink.
Photobucket

o

I'm a little late ....but this is one of the ones I made for my Markers
plant markers
pot markers

o

Gardencraze, I love your sign "Leave room in your garden for the angels to dance" & sign on pot is good idea also. All your painted pots on poles are cute too, sure brighten things up in winter. I like the idea of using Ball lids, I'll use my old ones from canning lids that have been used so rubber no good. I have orange tree so I don't buy juice either. Jan

o

Cute ideas, gardencraze & caroleena! Spring is coming & both of these ideas will be delightful for plant markings! TFS! Jeanne S. (ball lids & terra cotta pots & knitting needles!...who would have thunk! )

o

love the little pots. so cute.and so cheerful! btw on my lids i used large colored paper clips to hang them from the roses. i have cats and dogs so the ground is always fair game. my male cat tries to rub up against the rose stems. what a ding dong.lol

o

If you have a 'no sharp edges' can opener
you can used regular can lids-soup and small
tomato sauce and tomato paste are good sizes for labels.
I love my can opener!!! I have done snowmen, and used
3 sizes of lids and Some gallon sized lid faces for
outdoor use....

o

I've never heard of a "no sharp edges" can opener...mine sure isn't...thanks for that tip, nonacook! Good ideas for those lids! Jeanne S.

o

Love the little pots. Jar lids too.
My attempt was with a bottle from the recycling, but I don't like it. I'll take a pic tomorrow in the day light. So much snow I'm just not into labels yet afterall even tho it was my idea to have a March challenge.
It would be neat if someone would post an April challenge.
Kathy

o
plant labels from coke cans

I thought someone might like these.

Here is a link that might be useful: Soda can labels

o

I love those soda can markers I make them already. They are so good becuz they don't erase.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here