Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
linjon54

angels repainted

linjon zone 5
10 years ago

This is one of our winter projects. These angels had started to look pretty bad because of being out in the gardens. DH and I decided it would be a good project to repair and paint them. Here is the result. Once spring gets here we will put these back out into the garden.

This post was edited by linjon on Tue, Mar 4, 14 at 10:17

Comments (12)

• linjon zone 5
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is another one.

• linjon zone 5
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Another one of the angels

• linjon zone 5
    Original Author
    10 years ago

another angel

This post was edited by linjon on Tue, Mar 4, 14 at 10:16

• sorie6 zone 6b
    10 years ago

Very pretty. Didn't see this post before I ask it the went outside.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    10 years ago

They are so beautiful and refreshed! Did you use a clear coat over the color?

I've got some of this type of work to do also.

• linjon zone 5
    Original Author
    10 years ago

We didn't use any overcoat. We figure that the hardener should make it stay quite nicely without having to put a clear coat on them. It is an experiment so we will have to wait and see how they do once they are in the garden.

• garden2garden
    10 years ago

A good winter project. Your angels and their companions and little critters are sweet. I bet you really enjoy them in your garden. Do you have certain places where each one goes?

• sunnyca_gw
    10 years ago

They look great, love the little angel, so cute. I've started repainting mine, I'm working on a Welcome rock that is faded out, did 3 other small ones. Behind on all this as used to check out everything every year. Planted a lovely mini rose today that is gold colored & as it ages it gets peach & then coral. So pretty & from 99cent only store!! It was actually 3 roses so I planted 2 stems in 1 hole & other in another. They aren't on rootstock so you can do that. Oh, I always spray my painted items with clear Krylon. What is the hardener, do you put it in the paint?

• nonacook
    10 years ago

Good Job!

• linjon zone 5
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I have had the angels out of the gardens for a couple of years trying to find the time to paint them so they no longer have special places. I will have to figure out where to put them as I do spring clean up.

The hardener we used is the same as you would put in enamel paint for a car. You get it from an auto place like NAPA. My DH painted two of our daughters cars and a Model A he has, and he learned about the hardener while doing them. You only use a drop or two and must use up all the paint you mix or it will harden. We aren't completely sure how well it will work but it should be fine.

This post was edited by linjon on Thu, Mar 6, 14 at 16:16

• Marlene Kindred
    10 years ago

Wow...you have been busy! Lots of detail in those paint jobs. They will be really pretty in your garden this summer!

• linjon zone 5
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you but I haven't been the one busy, my DH has. Most of these he has done because being shut in with the winter and he has a back problem and cannot do a lot of the things he normally would so he was looking for something to keep him busy. There are a few more statues, I just haven't gotten pics of them yet. I will post them once I do.