Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Even More Finds

Posted by dollydee 7 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 10, 11 at 10:15

Here's the gazing ball & yard art I got when I bought the arbor. Glassware is GW finds yesterday. Several of the plates are doubles & triples...I love the lady head flower pot!

Some of you had asked about us moving, yes we are leaving the Victorian house. Two oldest kids are out on their own now, youngest only has 3 years left in high school. Too much house (3700 sqft) for the three of us, taxes & utilities are too high plus we have to pay tution for small private school here, public school is horrible. We have some family land about 40 minutes from here, new schools that are great, DD has already changed schools and loves it.... and I'm sooo ready to be back in the country where I grew up!!! Get to have horses again :)

Only bad thing is having to start all over with my yard and garden. On a good note though, there is an old house on the property that my sister and I are going to dismantle and make potting sheds for each of us :)

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Even More Finds

Dolly, you made some really good buys. When you move you will have a whole new area for finding bargains. Having a clean slate to work with will be an adventure for you. So glad your DD likes her new school. That means a lot. Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

o

Lots of lovely stuff to work with. Forsee lots of neat projects in your future. It will be so nice to have your own potting shed for your garden. Like Marylee says, you will have a clean slate to work on and new ideas, (I'm sure) are percolating in your little ole creative head!!!!
Have fun!! Thanks for sharing your pics.

o

love all of your finds especially the face flowerpot!

o

Well, you get the award for the shopping queen this week for sure! You have been one busy woman! Great finds....love the teapots, dishes, and garden decor too. Your Victorian house was really beautiful, but I'm sure living in the country again will be great too....and starting your garden over means you get to use all the new ideas you've gotten since you started your last one!

o

I love, love, love the garden fairy. Green (envy) is not a flattering color on me!

Great finds!

o

I love that pot head too! Great finds! It sounds like you'll have a lot more room for garden junk at your new home. And a potting shed too! What fun that will be!

o

A new adventure! & lots of goodies to take along! Have fun! TFS! Great pot-head! I hope the house you're going to tear down (for G'sheds) isn't the one in your pics! Cause that looks like an awesome garden/studio! Jeanne S.

o

• Posted by sorie6 Zone4 Colo (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 12, 11 at 10:49

Wow great haul!!! Good luck on your new place. A new adventure is always fun.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here