Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
not too smart!

Posted by indigosunshine z4 west WI (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 1, 14 at 10:52

Had surgery on my foot yesterday so I have been collecting tin cans to make a rusty sculpture for my garden while I'm laid up. Got everything collected and set up.......uh in the basement! Underestimated the skill to get down there on crutches! Gee, how dumb is that?!? Guess I'll have to wait until I'm into the boot and no crutches. Thank goodness for all the fun sites on the Net!
Think spring everyone!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: not too smart!

LOL, well at least you can start a new collection of cans:) stay warm and don't gather to many have to do things on the net... hugssss GeeMee2

o

Oh no! Well they will be there waitig for you. And you'll have all kinds of new ideas when you get to them.
I hope you heal quickly and can get down there soon.
Kathy

o

That sounds SO like something I would have done! Hope you have a quick recovery. Careful going down stairs with a boot on as well...they're a lot bigger than you may think. Meantime, enjoy surfing the web.

o

Better wear heavy gloves when you do get down there to work as don't want cuts from cans, rusty or otherwise!! Take that as a sign that you are supposed to take it easy after surgery!! Get Well then get going on your projects, not time for Spring Fever yet, few weeks away!! Stay off of black ice!! That stuff is awful. Wishing you a speedy recovery! Jan

o

Rusty can project sounds interesting! But just think of how your list of new projects is going to grow as you surf the web!! Speedy recovery to you. Take it slow and heal well.

o

I just started putting cans out to rust too.....(I hid most of it now!)
HOWEVER, 2 weeks age code enforcement came by and they didn't like what they saw on my porches and started looking around (nosy) and saw other things and told me what I could have an NOT. I had 10 days to'correct the problem'! Sure--I am a junker and collect things to use,but (laughing) I did not realize how much I DO have until I had to start moving it. I can hide a lot of stuff----and bring it out later. Did not throw much away---only stuff that I rusted enough that I can't use it. Got all the bottles in one place now and have enough green ones to make a bottle tree--also enough brown ones.....Don't really think they did me a favor but maybe a 'Little' one--grin
Pulled my collar-bone and rib out on place again--not totally-but enough to make it hurt, and now my left shoulder and arm are sore too from'over using' that side----

Did not throw my rusting cans away---I hid them under the house......
Am having trouble posting today--It does not want to back space or corrcet typing errors.......

o

Thanks everyone for the well-wishes! I was feeling a tad sorry for myself this morning and now I feel a lot better! Made a gratitude list...so comforting. Grateful for my GJ friends, you guys are the best!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here