Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marquest_gw

When you retire

marquest
12 years ago

I had a job that kept me on the road 5 sometimes 6 days a week. I got through sitting in airports and stranded in who knows not where by going through the net and saving items that I would do one day when I retired.

I feel I have to thank you all for being my support to get through the day. You guys are so great. Soooo...

That day has come. I would like to show you somethings I found even here that I drooled over and said one day I am going to copy that....LOL This is just a small sample

{{gwi:133252}}

{{gwi:133253}}

{{gwi:133254}}

Comments (7)

• marquest
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I hope if you see a pic of something you created you do not mind me showing it again and admiring it enough to copy.

Please jump in and explain how you made the item would help me also.
    {{gwi:133255}}
    {{gwi:133256}}
    {{gwi:133257}}
    {{gwi:133258}}

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Well, you have some interesting things here and quite the variety too! The red bird totem is one I made a couple of years ago. Nothing extraordinary in how it was made. I used GE Silicone II to hold it together. The cardinal on top was actually a female that I painted to look like a male since I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for at the time. I keep it on my front porch so the bird won't fade and it's lasted just fine. It's still one of my favorites. Thanks for putting it in your list of favorites too!

• lindasewandsew
    12 years ago

Glad you liked my favorite color yellow pots. They were planters or dishes. The tall square one is an ashtray likely used in a business that I picked up on from curb and painted.

The little shed in the link below inspired me to build an open potting bench with a roof. It's not quite finished, but close and will be seen here in the near future. It made use of a lot of wood I drug home from the curb and some other items that were kicking around the yard.

Have fun on all your projects. Linda

Here is a link that might be useful: Mary's garden shed

• marquest
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Marlene, Mary, thank you. You do not know the smile you put on my face during those long days on the road.

Mary I am honored you are famous. LOL. I am going to use styrofoam boxes to create the tall planter you have and I found some yellow paint at Home Depot in their return area for 1.00. This is going to be fun. I will start looking for the plates at the thrift store. I have the purple plants that you used and it is one of my favorite houseplants because it grows like a weed.

Also, thank you for the extra info on how you created your masterpieces. Both of these pieces spoke to me they are both so cheerful in color and that is what drew me to them.

I have done some mosaic floors and walls in my homes but never had time to do any outside garden items. I have been collecting tile at discontinued outlets and the big box stores when I saw them on sale. So I have a lot of tile to do mosaics.

I am getting excited and cannot wait for summer to get here.

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

"Linda" is Mary...Linda creates so much wonderful recycled garden art! The yellow pots are her's. & she's the Queen of blue bottle garden art in my book, anyway!

Have fun w/retirement! You'll be surprised at how quickly time flies while having fun! (you may have heard that said before!) ;-) Jeanne S.

• nonacook
    12 years ago

Congratulations on your retirement!
    The BB is on my list of 'to do'
    things too! My list is long and
    getting longer despite the fact that
    it wasn't a 'retirement' list!

• oldcrafty
    12 years ago

Congrats on retirement. I see nothing but fun projects in your future. Sounds like you know what you want to do. I'm hoping to see one of those garden ladies as in the 3rd picture. She's just awesome! All your projects will be fun. Totems are addictive! The yellow planters will be fun too. Enjoy all your projects.

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm