Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
use2bcapecodr

Great blue bottle...

use2bcapecodr
15 years ago

We found this in the "Alcohol Store"...which is what Jim and I fondly call the local liquor store. It's triangular in shape, not real pricey, and comes filled with vodka...which I consider a real bonus!! LOL

{{gwi:133314}}

There is also a larger bottle, but it's plastic.

I visualize a bottle tree filled with these! hiccup

~Sandy~

Comments (16)

• susiesunshine
    15 years ago

* W ~ * O ~ * W * ! ! !
    That's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME B ~ L ~ U ~ E Bottle ! ! !
    Love It....
    Thanks for sharing the pic ~
    & Your Lovely Time with the Smickerdoolde ~ Mikki ~
    ( Glad ya'll had fun !!!!
    God Bless !
    SusieSunshine

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

I was doing a search on bottle trees again, just to see what is out there, and came across a guy who makes them in Wisconsin! He sells bottles very similar to that one for $4.00 each. Maybe something to consider if one can't drink enough vodka. But what do I know! Vodka gimlets are one of my favorite drinks. ;^) I always thought red bottles would be very pretty too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Jerry Swanson's Bottle Trees

• use2bcapecodr
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I've seen other bottle trees online too. They're bigger, really cool...and quite pricey. That's why I don't have one!

Jerry says the blue bottles pictured on his website are rare...but I have every one of them! I especially like the one with the long, skinny neck. I found one of those just recently. I also have a lot of decorative bottles with designs on them, but they're too nice to put outside. I bought them years ago and don't see them anymore. Too bad!

There are so many drinks made with vodka...it won't be a problem for me to empty a few! LOL

If the darned weather would just warm up so I can set up my bottle trees, I will be eternally grateful!

~Sandy~

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Love the blue bottle Sandy!!! Wish I could enjoy drinks but what goes down as a lovely cocktail becomes pure rocket fuel in my brain. I just cant hang with the big dogs! LOLOLOLO Folgers is as strong as I can take. I'm a whimpster.

Luna- the modern interpretation of the bottle trees are really beautiful. Especially the ones that look like flowers. Once again our forum is so much richer because of your research savvy!!!

The 'mouth-up' version that I am experimenting with was making all sort of ghostly sounds yesterday during our 40 mph wind gusts. It was really fun to hear their moaning sounds. Not as attractive as the others but facinating.

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

ooooooh, what a cool shape.....
    DRINK UP, Girl, send Mr Jim out for MORE.

{{gwi:77274}}

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

Good find. I'll have to check out the vodka isle.
    I just bought a six pack of blue bottles, soda size, filled with "special" flavored sparkling water. It was a crazy price ($7) for soda water, but not bad for six beautiful cobalt blue bottles with four fancy letter "S"'s near the neck. The soda water is very good tho. I decided to also save what I think of as "bottle green" bottles too.
    kathy

• use2bcapecodr
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kathy,
    What is the brand on the soda water?

We don't have a house in NH anymore. I sure hope they sell it around here!!

~Sandy~

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Wow...I don't drink, but I might have to check out the local store to find such a great bottle! Great find!

• TwoMonths
    15 years ago

who knew there were so many names for blue besides cobalt. I have several sapphire one also. thanks for sharing.

• kirkus
    15 years ago

Okay, I have to go to a liquor store just to look at cool, blue bottles! Carol went to a beer making/wine making store and saw some cool, blue bottles there...cool, blue beer bottles with the ceramic caps...I'm thinking hummingbird feeder. I heard that Budweiser will be using blue bottles for their beer. I enjoy Bud Light and have noticed their cans have switched to a cool blue. The only problem with the bottles though is that it will probably have their labels painted on. Sadness...but cool to look at as I enjoy it! LOL :o) Thanks, Sandy, for sharing your find! FANTASTIC!!! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Luna, I really enjoyed that site. I like the guy's bottle ball trees especially. And am tempted to order one of the triangle shaped cobalt bottles he has, thought it was really pretty!
    I've not looked in Walmart's liquor dept to see what comes in blue bottles there. I should I guess. I can't drink with all the fool meds I have to take. My dear dad never drank and DH only likes Coors, and certain red wines occasionally. They are sure no help, LOL.
    I'm way too shy to go to a bar and ask for empties!

{{gwi:77274}}
    "I had a life once. Now I have a computer and a modem."

• nancelee
    15 years ago

I saved some blue Sky vodka bottles when they were making the small ones and made hummingbird feeders from them. The hummers loved them. I painted red flowers on the bottles and wrapped them with copper to hang and placed several on my porch. They swarmed the feeders and just couldn't get enough. I wish I had a picture but will be sure to get one this summer. I also have some small blue bottles from Big Lots that came with water in them some time ago. I can't wait for the hummers to return. They're so much fun to watch.

nance

• use2bcapecodr
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Harvey's Bristol Cream Sherry comes in a very nice cobalt bottle. It has a cork, so it doesn't have a threaded top.

I have one of those and the vodka bottle I'm working at emptying. It's a nasty job, but somebody has to do it!

~Sandy~

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

Sandy, the blue sixpack is Saratoga Spring water Essence, Lemon Lime. From Saratoga Springs NY. I have no idea if they have it out your way. Hope so the bottles are very pretty. I found them at a food coop.
    kathy

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

By the way when I said soda size that was silly, soda comes in lots of sizes. They are 12 oz bottles that come in a 6pack. I've worked my way through a few bottles of Harvy's Bristol cream in my day too. Unfortunately only started saving them recently.
    kathy

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Love that blue bottle, Sandy! You'll have to invite friends over more often and serve cocktails hehe. The sooner you'll have your bottle tree! ~tenderlee

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH