Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need tips for painting old leather boots

Posted by passionknit z6 MI (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 2, 12 at 12:01

My sister saved some of her husband's work boots for me so I could use them as planters in the garden. I would like to paint them bright colors, but I'm not sure how well the paint would stand up to the weather.

If anyone has any tips about the best way to paint them I would appreciate it. I would like to use acrylic craft paint that I already have on hand if possible.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need tips for painting old leather boots

You can paint them with acrylic paint, and then protect them with a good sealer/varnish. They will probably wear over time with sun and rain, but should still look cute. I hope that helps - maybe someone with actual experience will chime in too :-)

Patty

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here