Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Projects for glass bottles other than bottle trees

Posted by bookjunky4life 5 Central IL (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 27, 12 at 12:54

I'm undecided as to whether a bottle tree is my style. I'm trying to find ideas for using them as outside decoration, other than bottle trees. Preferably, some way that allows light to flow through them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Projects for glass bottles other than bottle trees

I cut off the bottoms and line my driveway with them. I use the tops to make windchimes and also hang votive candles inside and sell them at a nearby store.

Look on etsy.com for all kinds of things you can make with them.

Sue

o

The husband wants me to try to use a string of white Christmas lights and the blue budweiser platinum bottles to make party lights for our camper.

o

Book -- that would look awesome ! Blue bottles with clear white lights in them . I think it would be easy for a creative person like you ! Don't hesitate to ask questions if you need help . Tossing around ideas helps everyone :)

o

I put some of them around the corner of my flower beds. Put a short length of rebar in the ground and put the bottle over it. Helps keep the hoses out of my flowers as well as looking pretty.

o

Several years ago i used them around the garden as a hose guide.Just stuck them down on some tent stakes.Worked very well.
Kathi

o

I've used brown beer bottles for that before.

o

I have a bed lined with fish shaped bottles.
Tally HO!

o

This is my favorite website for blue bottle (and other) ideas. Linda

Here is a link that might be useful: Felder Rushing's Site

o

I have a metal thing that I'm going to stick some of my blue bottles into as soon as I figure out how to mount it in the garden. I'm not sure what it is, maybe a heavy duty cupcake stand or some sort of specialty stand. I just realized the other day that it can old bottles. Its too short unless I raise it up somehow.
Kathy

o

LOVE Felder Rushings site.....added to favorites so I can go back and look more when I have time. Thanks for sharing his site

o

Got to see Felder Rushing at a Master Gardener conference in Grand Rapids, MI he is one funny guy!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here