Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Revisit Fairy Woodland house construction

Posted by silkysoap 6 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 28, 09 at 13:23

This discussed much on Accoutrement for several years.
I found found a resin used for resurfacing old concrete with decorative gravel. Sold only to contractors, but maybe will remind somebody here who knows other suppliers we could use?
It's a Sherwin Williams company www.generalpolymers.com
Would love to try the sandbed/pour technique.

http://www.fairywoodland.com/page.php?The_Making_of_Fairy_Houses&page=3

Here is a link that might be useful: Making Fairy Woodland houses

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Revisit Fairy Woodland house construction

In Florida they do that with tiny stones and it is called Chatahoochee.
Perhaps if you google that or ask for chatahoochee resin that will get you closer.

o

Thanks, GP! I Googled and found a company that sells 'repair kits' of resin/cure for $8.95, plus you can buy their small stone 'filler' in different colors for just $3-4! Gives you about 3 sq. ft. of coverage.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chatahoochie resin

o

Thats amazing. I wondered what that stuff was! The vocational school has some floors made of that and its really cool, but you don't see it much up here. I bookmarked the site cuz its such a neat item that I might need someday. Then I noticed that they seem to carry my dh's favorite knee pads that I haven't been able to find anywhere.
kathy

o

I've also been trying to figure out what he used. I think the Chat. resin looks like it will work. Keep us updated. I'm so excited now.

o

Well, I got sidetracked with totems and glass birdbaths, and haven't got to the Chatahoochee. It's sitting on my DR table, I think, under some other stuff. Was waiting for warm weather so could work outside. Now we're coming out of very rainy spell. Maybe it's time for Hoochee Houses for Fairies? Will post pix.
Nancy

o

Cann't wait to see pictures of your Hoochee Houses for Fairies. I have been waiting a long time for someone to follow up on them.

o

HAHAHA Hootchie Faerie Houses

o

I love their fairy houses at that site. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

o

Walmart carries the tiny tiny pebbles now in the artificial plant and vase isle. $2.97 a bag

o

Did anyone experiment with the Chatahoochee resin technique?

Posts have been added recently to the Fairy Houses thread in the Accoutrement Forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fairy Houses

o

My intentions were pure when I posted about the Chatanooga resin last year. However, my husband's health was steadily declining and he died this February. And I still haven't tried a fairy house. Sigh. I DO have a box of sand saved under my kitchen table with a plastic pan cover to keep the cats out. Maybe I'll get back to the project before snow flies. Maybe not. I WILL try. Hope somebody else has tried it meanwhile!

o

silkysoap6, I was really sorry to read about your husband's dealth. How are you doing now?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here