Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Glass Plate FLowers

Posted by puggranny Zone 8 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 13, 11 at 14:08

Here are some of my glass plate flowers I have it all figured out but how to put a point on the end of my pvc pipe to stick them in the ground Any ideas

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.flickr.com/photos/57770544@N04/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Glass Plate FLowers

Puggranny, I am sorry I don't know anything about how you "plant" the stems of the flowers but I sure like them. The gem stones are really pretty on them. You have been busy. I like your pink lady and yellow lady the best and your bowling balls are awesome. I also like your fountain. Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

o

Hi everyone, I am just getting into making these lovely 'flowers' I started to use the new gorilla SUPER glue for the spoon in the back. It is so strong that after 24 hours you can bend the spoon and that glue will not budge. What are you using for embellishments on your plates? Since I live in Connecticut I will bring them in when the frost hits, until then I am enjoying my new found addiction LOL

o

I have mounted the plates to PVC and slipped it over rebar for a very sturdy "stem" I am not sure the PVC pipe is sturdy enough for the heavy plates alone.

How did you do the leaves? If the leaf wire goes thru the PVC this may not work.

I am still new at this myself.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here