Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
purpleinopp

Trampoline frame

A friend said I could have an old trampoline frame. The jumping surface and all the little springs that would have held it in place are gone, it's just the frame. I'm considering taking the round part at the top apart into 2 semi-circles and burying the ends in the veg patch as supports. Any other ideas? The U-shaped legs?

Comments (8)

• tasymo
    12 years ago

I think I would use it as you described to build some temporary greenhouse structures for an early start on your veggie garden. Use the pieces as frames, and cover with clear plastic, like "hoop houses".

• jlily
    12 years ago

I see the frame on its' side with strings running across for vines to climb up. It would be beautiful. Enjoy Jlily

• nonacook
    12 years ago

I don't know if any of you remember Nigella
    on here, but she made a green house from one.

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I did see a greenhouse & chicken run when I googled for ideas. I do remember Nigella, or at least seeing her name in these forums.

• rosiew
    12 years ago

Saw a beyond use trampoline yesterday, looking for ideas, hope someone here has more ideas for the greenhouse look. Don't know if I could talk the owners out of it, but will try once I get more ideas. purple, I'm convinced you'll come up with some great ideas! Rosie, Sugar Hill, GA

• loo55
    11 years ago

I also have this dilemma, I bought a new trampoline for my granddaughter and couldn't bear to get rid of the old trampoline's frame because I just know I can find a use for it!!! I know it would make a great pen if wrapped with chicken wire but I don't have anything I need to keep in a pen!!!! I would also love some ideas from anyone.
    Thanks!

• soonergrandmom
    11 years ago

I made a greenhouse from one, but it was an old one when they were really strong. I bought four 10 foot lengths of pipe. There were short connections on the circular frame that fit down inside the legs, so I turned those to the inside and slipped the 10 ft pipe over them and drilled holes and ran bolts through to hold the pipes to the Tramp frame. At that point I had a free standing structure. I added a window in the back (flat side) and a door in the front. The way the legs were placed on mine, I needed to have something in the center top, so I used PVC pipe for the center top (from one arch to the other, and PVC bent from side to side to make two additional arches, then covered with plastic. Someone stopped and tried to buy it.

I think the legs could be the legs for some great plant tables, or potting bench. I moved and it stayed at my old house and I miss it.

• 1rusteddave
    11 years ago

I am in the process of making a chicken tractor out of a trampoline frame, will try my luck at posting pictures when it is done!