Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wok the Dog

Posted by tinfoilhat AZ (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 31, 13 at 14:30

A buddy’s wife dropped off a cultivator disk (made in France) and a couple of u-bolts and asked me to make her a wok (Chinese/Japanese) so she could make chile rellenos (Mexican). The cultural clash was too much for even my tinfoil hat covered mind and spawned this scene.
Wok the Dog photo WoktheDog_zps51ec2f62.jpg
Wok the dog was a 30 minute creation, he is a caulking gun with 4 engine bolts added for legs, a piece of steel strapping for ears, 2 steel punch outs for eyes, and the plunger rod cut out and welded back on to form a tail. Sprayed black then misted with copper spray paint.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wok the Dog

Arf ! You can almost hear him talking.
Wok the dog. Very clever. Small but lots of personality.
I used to have a dachshund like that. In fact he was built a lot like Wok.
Nice job on the real wok. It looks great. The u bolt handles look like they work out good. .
Now, if you will please pass the chili rellenos.....

o

Yes make chili rellenos & that will be 1 little "hot dog" On other hand he looks very alert & might be a great "guard dog" to watch over fish pond! Nice work! Jan

o

Wok the dog! Hahaha! Very clever. He's a cute puppy too! But I LOVE the cultivator disc...so much more interesting than the plain ones around here.

You are just too clever tinfoil!

o

You've done it again. Your art always makes me smile. Keep up the good work! TFS.

o

Wow, we have got to get a look in your brain. It works on overdrive. Great job as always. You have so much imagination. If you have too much, send some to me please. Jeanne

o

Beautiful wok and what a lot of personality in that little dog!
Dh and I were just in So Utah and AZ for 2 weeks and I ate chili rellenos every chance I got! I didn't know you made them in a wok.
Kathy

o

LOVE the dog!

o

LOL! Wok the dog ... love it! Wow & what a wok! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Cute!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here