Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
excessfroufrou

Snow totems

excessfroufrou
13 years ago

Here are some of my totems and bird feeder during our last big snow. I thought they looked pretty cool.

Frou

{{gwi:133812}}

Comments (14)

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Brrrrrr....it looks so cold there Frou! Your totems look lovely even in the snow!

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Yup...looks quite familiar this winter! But your totems do look very pretty in the white stuff! Jeanne S.

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Looks like you should take a few plates & a sharp knife & serve up some of that snow cake!!LOL What flavor is it?? The amber looks so lovely in the snow & with the sun shining on it looks so eloquent. Jan

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

I love how they look! Especially the colored glass. Mine are completely buried.
    Kathy

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

Your totems are beautiful in the snow. Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Your totems make even snow look good! lol! Now you'll have to show us a picture of them when everything is green ... which I hope won't be too long from now.

• laurastheme
    13 years ago

They're beautiful!! I love amber glass and the snow makes them look so interesting. That would make a great Christmas card.

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

Ya, great Christmas card photo for sure! And ditto for the snow angel

• nonacook
    13 years ago

Wonderful photo of your totems!

• rafor
    13 years ago

I've always worried about freezing temps so I don't leave my totems or glass garden stakes out for the winter. Have any of you had problems with breakage and cold temps? I always make my glass designs so water can't collect on them (turn plates over, cover tops with another piece, etc) but I still worry they might break due to the cold. TIA for any feedback :)

• garden2garden
    13 years ago

I love it!
    I often wonder what my garden would look like with a blanket of snow, because I grew up with snow, but I only see one flake every 20 years here.
    Enjoyed your picture, thanks for posting. The colored glass looks so beautiful against the snow.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

rafor...the few pcs I have, I bring in to my garden shed...winter is pretty rough here in IA....they've weathered good 2 yrs now by bringing them in. This yr I left out my "blue bottles" tho (they're upside down) cause I know Kirk leaves his blue bottle tree out & it's so beautiful int he snow. I have enjoyed mine this winter, too...the BB fence. Jeanne S.

• excessfroufrou
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Rafor, this is the second winter out for these totems and they seem to be fine. I too make them so they don't hold water, except for the bird feeder ones. We don't have extreme winters, but it was 12 degrees here this year. I think the glass totems hold up good, but I do put the ones with pottery or ceramic pieces in the shed. I also leave my bottle trees bottles out and I have some flower beds edged with wine and beer bottles and they are all fine too.
    Frou

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Those look just beautiful in the snow, Frou! What a great photo!

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County