Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
adina72

Ultimate Garden Junk

Dottie B.
15 years ago

Yesterday, hubby and I went to Rochester, NY for their annual Gardenscape Garden and Flower Show. It was awesome. I decided I deserved a treat since the voles have eaten nearly all the new plants I bought last year and I've lost 44 lbs. over the winter. I would have never spent this much money on myself otherwise, but I just have to have them.

This first item is a plant hanger. The flower is made from spoons. I also bought a little butterfly made from a metal steamer from the same vendor.

{{gwi:134117}}

{{gwi:134118}}

This is a metal bird tree....sorry the picture isn't better, but it was hard to get a good picture of this. I will have to create a new flower bed to put this in as you will likely poke your eye out if you try to mow around it...LOL. I can't wait to start hanging junk on it. I love it sooooo much! There are four metal birds on the branches and they are all different. There is a wooden birdhouse on the top which will most likely be replaced by one a little more my style.

{{gwi:134119}}

I will post pictures of the show on my blog within the next day or two and also try and get a picture of the strainer butterfly....I just don't have the time right now....must get outside and work on a few projects for a new client.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Blog

Comments (21)

• leveta
    15 years ago

I'm glad you got something for yourself...That flower is so neat...I'd like to see a upclose of it...

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Love your new aquisitions! The spoon flower is awesome! Congratulations on your weight loss accomplishment too! Want to share your secrets? So glad you had a great time!

• katishooked
    15 years ago

I love this flower. Sure would like to find something like that in this part of the country.

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Oh JOY!!!! How much fun you must have had!!!! The spoons are so cool! The tree can be fitted with colored bottles on the branch ends to keep folks from bumping into the branches until you get the new bed done. I just love it.
    Susie

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

WOW! Good haul and YOU deserve it!!!

• imjustsam
    15 years ago

How wild! I just got back from the same garden show today. I spent about 10-15 minutes chatting with the spoon guy. I really wanted those butterflies from the vegetable steamers. I have lost no weight this winter though, so I didnt deserve it. I did however make some dip that I bought there (wonder why I havent lost weight).

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

Love the spoon flower. Glad you treated yourself Adina!
    kathy

• Barbara Kelly
    15 years ago

I love, love, love the spoon flower, now where's a picture of the butterfly??
    Very nice stuff, the tree is very cool, and yes, I'd put bottles all over it, for safety, and it will look great. nice haul..

• cindee11461
    15 years ago

awesome!!!

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Congrats for the weight loss!! Love both items. The tree would be great with bottles & birds would probably love them too. Spoon flower is great but lot of work to make, rebar is hard to bend or cut(I have 2 in back that need cutting in 2 for my strawberry bed. I suppose the flower is welded, wonder if someone could make 1 with GE II ? Glad you got to treat yourself with something you really liked & are so unique! Jan

• Dottie B.
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks everyone! I posted on the blog a picture of the butterfly strainer as well as a close-up of the flower. The link is below.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Blog

• halley_rose
    15 years ago

Could we see a cl;ose up of the back of your flower, so we could see how they made it? Pretty please! Gotta have one! Maybe directions too.
    Thanks halley_rose

• luvs2click
    15 years ago

It's all awesome - I love the butterfly! I just get so excited when people recycle stuff!

Also a big congrats on your weight loss - that is a huge accomplishment - you def. deserved these rewards!
    Arlene

• Dottie B.
    Original Author
    15 years ago

LOL...yes, I will get a picture of the back, but it won't be until I can get home tonight, OK? Shame on me for not thinking of doing that already. Since I don't have a way to weld anything, I didn't really pay much attention to how it was made. This guy guarantees all his work, no time limit. He might be able to ship some of the smaller items. Here's a link to his site.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Salvage Garden

• cait1
    15 years ago

Great 'junk'! Congrats on the weight loss... and over winter when most of us ADD a few pounds!!

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Why dont we go and buy some colored plastic spoons and make some? Then when we graduate Welding 101 we can do metal sculpture. I wish for the ability to weld all of the time but the welding hat doesn't match my gardening gloves. LOL Some of those Birthday party stores sell all colors of plastic spoons. I might start there. Susie

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

WOW...those are wonderful!!

I sure would love to have some of them in MY garden!!

~Sandy~

• Dottie B.
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here is the back. The center of the flower is a ladle.

{{gwi:134120}}

The front.
    {{gwi:134122}}

And the stems...
    {{gwi:134123}}
    {{gwi:134127}}

• morninglori
    15 years ago

I was also at the garden show and LOVED everything about it! The 2 vendors you bought from were my favorites too. The metal tree is fabulous and the silverware stuff was very creative. Do you ever go to Re-House? They have several pieces there.

Sandy

• garianntx
    15 years ago

that is a fun piece!

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

adina...I LOVE IT all! Love the self-portrait spoon pics, too!!! Butterfly is so cute...and the tree is an awesome find! Have fun with your new GJ! Jeanne S.