Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joega_gw

Sorry about the small pictures....

joega
15 years ago

I still haven't figured out how to post them any bigger...I guess I'm not as bright as some of you :)..But you can view my potting area and my Yellow Brick Road pictures on photobucket. By searching...debisdixie

Comments (28)

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

{{gwi:134202}}

• jitterbug4756
    15 years ago

Love your cedar post arbor w/ all the little embelishments and your yellow brick road is cute as heck...

Susie,how nice of you to enlarge it for her & us. My eyes aren't what they used to be! My SIL just set me up a photobucket (I'm computer illiterate!) so I can start showing yall some things I've done.I may need a few tips from you on how to post !!

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

On DebisDixie's photobucket site it did not give me the option of changing the size. This is what atomatically transfers. Any computer wizzes out there today??? I do not know how to transfer her entire stream of photos or how to make a blue link line.

{{gwi:134203}}

I do not know what I am doing differently. I went to your debisdixie site on photobucket. I clicked on your latest uploads. I put my curser on any picture. A list of options pop up underneath the pick. I go down and put my curser on Html and tap. This highlights the line in blue. I right click right there on the blue line and then click on 'copy'. I go back over to Garden Junk on your posting. Then I put my curser in the posting box and left click. Then I right click, a window pops up. I choose 'paste' and click it. All of the computer language that appears will be your picture when you preview your posting. You can add words on top of the picture or underneath the picture.

• katishooked
    15 years ago

Love your yard, arbor, and of course the yellow brick road

• goldenpond
    15 years ago

Very nice,I love using old wood and stumps also. your yard looks GREAT!

• oreos_mom
    15 years ago

This is really nice :)
    Did you use pallets for your fence and is that a little cardinal sitting on the branch in the first pic ?

Susan

• nanagrandma
    15 years ago

What an interesting place; like the critters here and there, they look real! Just need to click my red heels so I can see it in person, LOL

Sylvia

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

Here...try this link. Jeanne S.
    Love watching your progress joega!

Here is a link that might be useful: joega Potting Shed Pic link

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

joega's beautiful bench!

{{gwi:134204}}

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Joega, what wonderful creations. I'd love to come and just hang out in your yard.

hugs, Karen

• joega
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you ALL so much for posting and trying to help me out...As you can see I spend more time outside in my yard than on this machine...lol...Yes the fence is wood pallets..and it is a red cardinal on the branch of the arbor. And you are more than welcome to come hang out in my yard..We will have fun!!! Thanks again..all of you.

• akup_a
    15 years ago

Your place is so wonderful! It's so peaceful & relaxing! That's the effect I'm looking for in my garden. I've been working on a potting bench but haven't enjoyed it's location in my yard. Actually, it's against the tin storage building in the dog's yard & that's just wrong! lol!
    Your garden creations has inspired me. I can finally see the vision where to put my PB so that I can enjoy the effect.
    Vickie

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

LOVE your pallet fence!!! Well, EVERYTHING else too!!!! Bricks....now I'm drooling again...sheesh, I GOTTA get over bricks...I'm sooo obsessed!!hee hee! Oh, and I'm saving some alder I had taken down in my back yard, to do a arbor like yours!!! Soo inspiring! And maybe it will now have a bench too!!! (And of course bricks!hahaha);)

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

JoeGa, great pics, thanks! Love the arbor, I bet that was such fun to build! I love working with cane like that when I can get my hands on some.

I am also "photo challenged" LOL. My pics always come out too big, (same size as SusieRose's try) I haven't noticed any option when I upload them into Photobucket (doesn't mean the option isn't there). Is it the size that I'm taking the pics on my digital camera that makes them transfer so big? Photo experts, please help!

Oh, Calamity (drooling over the bricks) lol ... I am from North Ga originally myself, and if you had to grow up with all that red dirt that makes those beautiful bricks, you might have a different opinion LOL. Mostly kidding, but it's hell to remove if your laundry gets stained with it (kids & red dirt ... errrrr!). But I love bricks, can never get enough of them.

Jeannes photo is the perfect size, in my opinion. Jeanne, what's your secret, our *designated photo expert*? Please enlighten if you've got the time. ~tenderlee

• cindee11461
    15 years ago

Wow awesome stuff!! I love the arbor and that tree stump!!! That is so fun!!!

• debby_md_z7
    15 years ago

very nice
    love the arbor
    love the frog
    debby

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

tenderlee...I just choose the "640 x 480 Large" in the "Reduce to" box located under the "Upload Images" box in Photobucket. That seems to be a pretty good size...I don't have a wide screen computer monitor either for those bigger pics...so just have to arrow over to see them.

Just takes some practice & messing around to figure out the pics things! Keep trying...we all LOVE PICS! Jeanne S.

• sudimari
    15 years ago

I just started photobucket. When you get to the codes to copy there was 4 lines. The 3rd line is for a thumbnail (which is smaller, but if clicked on in a post here will open a new page with a larger picture) and the 4th line posted the full picture larger.

There are options (I haven't explored) to edit pitures should be a way to make larger or smaller there.

Also as Jeanne said you can make adjustments as you upload them.

My biggest issue so far is making a secondary album public when the primary one is private. My BIL is military and paranoid. He doesn't want any pics of his family or their stuff on a public album. So I can only post pics here not links to them or to the album.

Keep trying! As long as you have the originals on your computer the worst that can happen is you accidently delete them off photobucket and have to reupload them!

suz

• Bright199
    15 years ago

What a wonderful place to hang out... thanks for sharing it with us. I love all the color.

• joega
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks again you guys for all the really nice comments :) And especially for loading my pictures and helping me out..You are the Best!!!

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Jeanne, so I need to select that 640 x 480 Large at the time I'm uploading the pics?

Can I change it after I've uploaded it (I've already done about 200 pics wrong :-( ?

Would if affect the photos that I've already posted at GJ if the image size changed (if that's even possible)?

I need to upload some pics and get the right size selected at that same time, but don't have time to fool with it right now. Been on here too long. Will try later today. Where does time go when I'm at the GJ Forum lol. Thanks so much Jeanne! ~tenderlee (who needs to go rattle some pots and pans)

• oreos_mom
    15 years ago

Ya'll can also go to your task bar and hit "edit" on photobucket and enlarge or reduce the size of your pics there. I am def not a computer "nerd".. I discovered it by accident .. lol !

Susan

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Thanks for the tips Jeanne & Susan! OK, I edited a pic that was already there, I'm gonna see if it comes out smaller now. I set it on the 640 x 480.

{{gwi:134205}}

OH YEAH BABY!!!! THANK YOU JEANNE, finally I'll stop posting those pesty large pics LOL. I can see in the preview that it's a better size. Those with dial-up will appreciate the smaller pics maybe .... Live and learn ..... :-) ~tenderlee

• Barbara Kelly
    15 years ago

Great pictures, beautiful yard, I love the fence, and the arbor. Yellow brick road? How cute is that..lol Well Done!

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Joega, I hope you don't mind that I practiced my photo skills here, it just sorta happened that way. I certainly don't mean to be rude. I have just resized every photo in my Photobucket album, no more big photos from me now! Thanks!

Again, I love your trellis and the yellow brick road! ~tenderlee

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

GREAT, tennessee...you're welcome! Jeanne S.

• seafire1
    15 years ago

JoeGa,

WO! WOW! WOW! I just love this arbor!! I WILL be building one on my retiremnet property in a few years. Great job, your hired! What vine are you growing on it?
    Pam

• joega
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks again you guys :) I am growing lady banks rose on one side of the arbor and morning glories on the other. This arbor is built from cedar for the posts and the tops and sides are from a 100 year old pear tree that we cut down..its the tree stump with the squirrel hanging off of it.

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022