Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sorie6

wooden laundry baskets

sorie6 zone 6b
13 years ago

I've got two of them and no Idea what to do with them. Don't need them for laundry!

Couple things that have been suggested are putting in garden laying on side to look like flowers grownig out of them and using for blankets.

Thanks for you suggestions

Image link:

Comments (5)

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

I have some, sorie, that I use to store dug-up bulbs over the winter in.

But, I also love seeing these old baskets filled with that moss liner stuff & beautiful colored blooming Mums! Of course, the basket won't last but probably a few yrs out in the weather...but they sure are rustic looking. Maybe they could be in a vignette sitting at the foot of an old ladder or something. Whatever you decide, have fun & share pics! Jeanne S.

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

My garage has wood paneling we put on years ago in a walnut color(real wood, not paper) so I had to dress it up & mounted a huge American flag, with torn corner carefully turned under, then some nails high up for my baskets, 3 baskets 1 large, 1 half bushel, I think maybe that is what other 1 is too,some old baskets, a few old yard sticks,(like yours!) think someone stole my handmade wooden lunchbox so I put things higher up now. Lots of compliments on the old baskets & of course the barrel that sits on the floor. Other stuff too. I love the old stuff. Probably needs a good cleaning as still get some gunk from fire couple years back, when wind blows hard. So decorate your garage!

• kirkus
    13 years ago

I have a couple of those. Sooo cool! I filled them with neat pinecones and placed them under our country covered porch. :o) Bear Hugs! Kirk

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

They would be pretty planted or the idea you were given to turn them on their side to make it look like flowers are spilling out of them (I've seen that done with wood half barrels). Around here they are referred to as bushel baskets used for picking fruit and vegetables.

• User
    13 years ago

Those bushel baskets with the labels intact would sell for a good price at an antique shop or flea market. I'd line one with plastic and sit a big fern in it on my porch.

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus