Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden Gnome Help!

Posted by every1lovesjoey 8 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 5, 14 at 16:13

Could someone assist me in finding the gnome in the picture. I would love to have one but cannot seem to find them anywhere. Does anyone know its origin or what brand the gnome is to assist me in my search?

Any help would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden Gnome Help!

He is a beauty! Looks vintage to me.
Good luck.
Kathy

o

Is this gnome a garden statue or a figurine? Do a search for Garden gnomes and you'll find tons of them...don't know if you can find the exact one or not. If it's figurine, then it might have a name on the bottom that would help you.

Sorry I don't have more to offer.
Good luck!

o

I don't know anything about the particular gnome in the picture but Hobby Lobby has lots of them right now and they look similar. They go fast though.

o

Here he is but unfortunately not for sale. Maybe if there is an email for the blogger they could tell you where he came from.
He's huge!
Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Follow the Gnome

o

He's so hard to find. I've tried just about everywhere.

o

Kathy, that sure looks like the same one.

every1lovesjoey, down towards the bottom of the blog he says you might see him (the gnome) in the prop house if you've ever seen Sonny with a chance (which I had to google) Apparently it's a show on the Disney channel. Might be able to find out something from the set/prop people who work on the show where they got him from. Might not. Might be worth a try if you can't locate him anywhere else.
Good luck, Donna.

o

Me again. I looked that up further and apparently the show was on the air 2009-2011, so I don't know.
But I was thinking there are people that collect everything else, I wonder if there's not a gnome collector or gnome club or something. Folks who are seriously into gnomes could probably tell a lot about it just by the style.

o

Me again. I looked that up further and apparently the show was on the air 2009-2011, so I don't know.
But I was thinking there are people that collect everything else, I wonder if there's not a gnome collector or gnome club or something. Folks who are seriously into gnomes could probably tell a lot about it just by the style.

o

Links from About.com. I don't know how recent the links are, but the page was last modified today:
http://collectibles.about.com/od/morecollectiblecategories/ss/Collecting-Gnomes-More-Than-Just-Garden-Ornaments.htm

GW has a Garden Accoutrements forum, but it's not busy:
http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/accout/

o

Missing,
Accoutrements used to be busy until Garden Junk spun off from it. And by spun off I mean we were asked to leave, lol.
Kathy

o

Thank you for the links! I appreciate it. I'm going to see if it leads to anything.

o

The photo appears to come from this website which supplies props for the film industry.
http://www.jacksonshrub.com/

On the left list click on "Christmas" and then click on "Statues and Props".

Perhaps you could ask them for details of its origins.

Here is a link that might be useful: Jackson Shrub Supply Gnome

o

I have tried so many times. They are no longer available and do not seem to respond when I email them. They probably think I'm crazy. LOL

o

Keep searching for "vintage gnome" on ebay. He may well show up after some months of searching. It took me 7 or 8 years of searching to finally find the vintage cast iron horse I was looking for. Eventually all things turn up on ebay.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here