Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blue Bottle Vine

Posted by jlily Z6 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 10, 12 at 16:35

Look what sprouted by my Walnut tree. It 's a blue bottle vine. It has been in progress for quite a while. I have learned to make wire harnesses for the bottles so they are secure. I cut the copper leaves from a copper sheet and folded the veins in. It's been a labor of love. Enjoy! Jlily

Photobucket">

Photobucket">

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blue Bottle Vine

Jlily, your blue bottle vine is a work of art. The copper leaves are wonderfully detailed and realistic. I'm in awe of your talent! It's beautiful.

o

Well, that certainly is a labor of love! How original! Love the copper leaves! & it looks like you've trained that vine very well! Bet that is beautiful with the sun shining thru! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

WOW...how cute is that! Very clever...love the copper leaves.

o

WOW!!! Love it!!!

o

Thank you all for your compliments. There are also grapes made from gems and attached with wire and other beads and things for added bling. They don't all show in the picture but I think just the blue bottles and copper do make a statement by themselves. Jlily

o

WOW! You've been busy...love the blue bottle vine and your copper leaves are fantastic!

o

Awesome!
Love the leaves that you added to
the vine.
Thanks for the idea.

o

Very eye appealing. Your leaves are the WOW. :))

o

What a beautiful and creative reuse of the bottles. The leaves are beautiful too!
Kathy

o

Beautiful! Love the copper leaves in the sun & am sure even nicer if you are there looking at them. Blue with copper is a great combination! TFS Jan

o

I love it!

o

that is a really neat variation. you've got a lot of open spaces!

o

WOW and WOW! What a different and creative idea you have come up with. That is absolutely beautiful. The copper and the blue, perfect combination. The leaves are works of art just by themselves. Thank you for sharing your beautiful yard art.

o

Thank you, all. I enjoyed making it. My doctor helped by supplying some bottles!! So it was a bit of a cooperative venture. LOL ENJOY! Jlily

o

Okay, I'm going to try to copy your copper leaves. Will post photos once my attempts are finished.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here