Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
garage sale finds and latest totem

Posted by azcactusflower 10 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 15, 11 at 17:15

Went to garage sale during the weekend. Found the following
A white peralized planter, about 21 in. high,($2.00),a vase about 14 in. high,($1.00), 3 nice cups ($.75), teapot ($2.00) and a mini teapot shaped like a flower ($.25,) total $6.00.

Photobucket
Photobucket
I really love the vase. It is a desert scene and the scenery is raised above the surface of the vase.You can barely see it in the pic. Everything has been painted in gold craft paint. It is really nice and very pretty. Somebody took time to make this, Really surprised me when the lady said $1.00! I though she would ask at least $5.00!!!!!

Also wanted to share a pic of my latest totem. In honor of our litttle Junk Train friend, Campbell, a froggie totem!!!

Photobucket
I still need to add some bling to it. I thought I would add some gem stones and maybe a ceramic flower to the lily leaf the top frog is holding. What do you think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: garage sale finds and latest totem

azcactusflower, You got some really neat things and bargains too. Your vase is very pretty and only $1. I love your frog totem. It looks awfully good just as it is. I am so ready for garage sale season to start here. This year I have a purpose! Totems! Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

o

I think that Frog Totem needs to be dumped....in my backyard. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
Now I've definitely got to do that. I have the one totem with a frog pitcher as the topper, but for some unknown reason never thought of doing something like you did for my "Frog Hollow" out back! Jeez, the way I love glass frogs you'd think it would have occurred to me. Thanks for the INSPIRATION!
(It would be neat to find a little glass mushroom to add to
the totem too.)

Ok, gotta go Frog hunting, the ones I have are staying put.
LOL

hugs, Karen

o

Great finds and the totem is very cute. I like how you used green with the frogs.
Kathy

o

Your froggie totem is just so cute the way it is! You got some great buys & such pretty pottery pieces! Jan

o

Your "froggie" totem is just WAY cute! Like PM, I think it needs a "shroom" or "toadstool!" LOL! And, yup, PM, you need one at Frog Hollow ...where Campbell visited!

Nice scores, too, azcactus! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Thanks for all your compliments and your suggestions. I most certainly am goin to look for some "shrooms" so my little guys will feel right at home. GOOD idea guys!!!

o

What great finds! I see some very pretty totems in your future. And your frog totems is too cute. I will have to collect some smaller statues like that to add to totems. It really jazzes them up. Thanks and keep those projects coming!

I'm with marylee_2010 ... I can't wait for rummage sale season to start!

o

Your froggie totem is CUTE, CUTE! What a great idea. Love all of your finds especially the pearlized vase....could be a great base for a birdbath or some other great project!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here