Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bottle Cap Ladybugs

Posted by kudzukween 8 MS (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 31, 10 at 17:35

this is a quick and easy project even the kids can make. the link to craftideas.com where i got the idea is on my blog. i used silicone to glue 2 painted caps together strung with fishing line. they look really cute on my butterfly bush by the front porch! come visit me at my blog!
kudzu
recycled bottle caps turned into lady bugs

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bottle Cap Ladybugs

cute idea, I saw that idea on the link you mentioned and thought I would make a few as well

o

Those are sweet. Kids would love making them.
kathy

o

Yes, a great project...kids would love it, too! kudzu...I've got the real thing coming in on my enclosed porch today...extraordinary hot weather for March 31st & the ladybugs love it! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

My grandkids would enjoy making those! They're homeschooled, and we're doing a unit on gardening. This would make a great supplementary art project! VERY cute!

o

We were leaving the park after craft club a few weeks ago & they had closed off the sidewalk so had to walk on grass & it was a really nice day. By 1 of the picnic tables was a whole bunch of bottle caps. Hope I can find what I did with them. These are adorable! They look great in your butterfly bush Kudzu!! Jan

o

thanks so much,ya'll!

i hear the ladybugs are good luck,jeanne!! my grandson made some, he's 6 years old, so it's a good project for younger kids...especially if you make it easier by using a paint pen, or using the end of a paintbrush dipped in black paint for the spots. i painted these all red,then added black:D grandma!
a great recycle,too,jan....and more projects on that site!

kudzu

o

What a cute project! Love them!

o

I realize this is an old post, but I love these! Any reason you couldn't also use plastic bottle lids?

o

Kudzu -- like everything you make - these are adorable !

o

BJ4L you probably could use plastic but metal would last longer I think. Plastic in heat deteriorates unless under a patio cover or tree or shaded area, some plastics, paint doesn't stick to too well either.I like the rounded edge of the metal caps too! But worth a try since you just toss the bottle caps out anyway. I give 1 gal water bottle caps to a teacher to use when teaching kids to count. They come in several colors & easy for kids to pick up. Jan

o

I save the colored bottle caps from the flavored water that i drink.I have in the past used them on one of those large xmas ornaments that we use to make gazing balls.I also use them to make feet/stands for some of my cross stitch projects that i turn into cubes.Of course they also make great playthings for the GGK'S when they come to visit.
Kathi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here