Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Couple Mushrooms & Wooden Shoes

jeannespines
13 years ago

DH & I have been pouring mushrooms & some whimsical face rocks for a few weeks now...some didn't set up very good...we tried to use up some old mortar mix in w/other Quikcrete...needless, to say, I have some broken 'crete in my garden mulch & gravel driveway now! LOL!

But, here's a couple I'm putting out in the gardens in a mo or so (when the ground thaws)...used bubble wrap on one & kept the other one kind of natural colored...both are painted w/patio paints tho...the metal rods DH recycled from a patio umbrella.

{{gwi:134654}}

The wood shoes were a steal! $1 rack at an antique store! 'Shrooms & Shoes, what more could you ask for!!! In this pic, they're sitting on kids' rocking chair...I'm going to plant Hen & Chicks in the shoes, come Spring. Jeanne S.

Comments (10)

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Wonderful mushrooms. The shoes are neat too.
    Kathy

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Whoops, forgot another pic from last Apr...this is where I like to put 'shrooms...among the mulch & flowers just starting in the gardens:

{{gwi:134655}}

The bunny was purchased. TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

I especially like the mushroom you made with bubble wrap! The shoes will look great with Hens and Chicks in them too.

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Love your mushrooms! This year I want to play with concrete to make a cast leaf and some mushrooms. I found some wooden shoes at a GW up in northern Wisconsin a few years ago. They are HUGE. I'll have to find them so I can add them to the garden this year. Mine weren't quite as cheap as yours though. TFS!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Nice mushrooms, the bubble wrap 1 I like best,Cute bunny in your garden too! I'm trying to bring things in that need touch-up painting & then a couple coats of sealer so they will be ready to put out. The shoes are so neat, I used to see those as a kid in peoples houses. I guess you give them several coats of sealer or use small pots inside the shoes so they will last longer. Jan

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Jeanne, I love the bubble wrap shroom, they will look great soon as y'all thaw out. Those shoes are too cute, they would look good in a tablescape before they clop on out to the yard. It was funny seeing your little chair, DH came home with a little mission oak child's rocker (one rocker missing) that he found curbside just yesterday. He is so good to me. I love the hen and chicks idea, for Christmas a friend gave me a giant splatter ware enamel pan, I'm still debating to punch holes in it or not. I don't think my friend would mind, I was at the GS when she bought it for a $1.00. Sorry, didn't mean to ramble on.
    Frou

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

Jeanne - Love your mushrooms and shoes. Looks like you are going to be ready for spring. Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, GJers, for your comments.
    I am liking that bubblewrap, too...even if these 'shrooms are not Morel shaped...used a few shades of paint...should look good as they weather. Jan...good for you w/touching up...spring is coming!

frou...it's hard (mentally) to "punch" the holes in a good dishpan! But they do make wonderful GJ...I'm planning on re-planting one again this yr...here's mine...but these perennials didn't make it here in IA over winter(in the enamel pan):

{{gwi:134656}}

Close-up:
    {{gwi:134657}}

Pics, please, if you do your's up, frou! Jeanne S.

• calicocat1967
    13 years ago

Oh Jeanne...wooded shoes, you must be shopping in the Dutch community. LOL. They will look awesome with hens and chicks, or any succulent.

Kim

• shpnquen
    13 years ago

Love the mushrooms & those wooden shoes!! They're adorable!!

I found a single wooden shoe at our local Habitat restore & hubby talked me out of it. I went back the next day to get it & it was gone! Hmph! Last time I listen to hubs.