Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Latest Project

Posted by marylee_2010 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 12, 11 at 18:01

This is my miniature birdbath. I am not satisfied with it but have given up for now. I'll try something new and come back later. Thank you for loo

Photobucket

king. - Marylee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Latest Project

my gosh it is BEEEEUTIFUL!!!! and why are you not satisfied? I can get you my address if you REALLY don't like it!!:))

Seriously, it is great, anyone would love to have it!

o

oldcrafty, thank you. I think it is darker than I like. I usually favor lighter colors. I put a background color behind the flowers and that's where I went wrong. Marylee

o

From what I'm seeing it is beautiful. The colors are so springy!!. Love the little rabbit and the butterfly. I think anyone would love to display that in their garden.
Good work!

o

Marylee, that is beautiful!! You are a wonderful painter and you could sell these very easy! Where did you find the b/b?

o

azcactusflower and Linda, Thank you for your nice comments. The birdbath is made from a rose planter and saucer top. I bought them at a local craft store called "Craft 2000". They are terra cotta. I don't sell the things I make. I either use them or give them to my daughters. I did the craft scene in 1985 and I enjoyed it but I'm a little too old now. - Marylee

o

Very very very cute!!!!

o

That's really pretty. You did a great job painting it, what a cute little scene. I don't know if you could maybe put a light wash over it if you would like it lighter. That rose pot is a nice size and shape for the base.

o

marylee that is beautiful. I don't think it's too dark at all. The colors all work wonderfully together. I can only wish that I could paint like you do. You are so talented. Its an exceptional piece. Really very very nice.

o

I think it looks fine as is but I think if you want to change something add a little sponge painting around top edge of the top saucer using color from below so it all ties in as top seems to be a little light to me. I paint but not anywhere as well as you do! Or could add a solid color to top lip part of saucer thereby tying the top & bottom together. Jan

o

Ladies, thank you for your kind words. - Marylee

o

Jan, my top saucer is still a work in progress. I base coated it but have not decided how I want to finish it. I have butterfly bushes so I am thinking of putting stones in the top with water for the butterflies. Then I will paint only the edge.

Or maybe I will make it a base for a totem but still have water in it. Decisions..decisions. - Marylee

o

I don't see anything! Where is it I would love to see.
Kathy

o

We are our own worst critic - I think it's awesome !!!!

o

Oh I really like this one Mary! Reminds me of Peter Rabbit! You could always glue a little bunny on the edge of the dish part...maybe that you would help you like it better, but it is awesome just as it is!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here