Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recycled Satelite Dish

Posted by lizzardly FL (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 12, 11 at 18:40

I'm going to put this under the condensation line from one of the a/c units. The plan in that the drips from the a/c will keep enough water in the bowl for the butterflies to enjoy it. The large clear stones are taller and a have some texture so they can enjoy a sip and keep their toes dry.

It's my first attempt at mosaic and it does look like it, but all in all I'm happy with it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recycled Satelite Dish

Very nice. I think you did just fine with your mosaic. It is very pretty and I am sure the butterflies will love it. And it will be maintenamce free with the A/C drips. Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

o

VERY nice, Lizzardly!! It will make a very nice and colorful addition to your garden area.Looks like an outstanding job for your first try at mosaicing. LOL

o

I like!

o

Very cute !!! You can shine it up with some vinegar. You did a great job!!

o

I think it turned out really nice. Good idea to put it under the drip from the a/c. Will you use the old mount to attach it to the wall or set it on something or just put it on the ground or what? Thanks for sharing.

o

Like the border around it & the 3 green 1/2 marbles spaced around & the flowers, you did a very nice jog on it. And saved that dish from landfill!! Butterflies should have a great place to get a drink! Jan

o

Very pretty!
Kathy

o

Looks GOOD to me! Nice recycling! Good for you!!! Jeanne S.

o

Thank you all. I'm starting to come down with what my kids are getting over- isn't that always the way?

Your kindness and encouragement put a much needed smile on my face this morning.

o

Great job! Love the colors and the design! And the butterflies will be very happy I'll bet!

o

That is wonderful. You did a super job on the design.
Sorry you are coming down sick, I hope you get better real soon.

hugs, Karen

o

Great job! I Love the colors, just right. I have two of those dishes, just need to get going.

o

Very pretty, love the colors. Excellent idea.

Kim

o

Normally I don't like white grout but it looks very pretty on your butterfly dish! I think your half marbles and squiggles will look very pretty in the sun. And great idea putting it under the a/c drip! I'm sure the butterflies will thank you.

To clean off the glass pieces, I take the scotch pads you use for washing dishes and just scour the grout off the glass pieces. It will take a little elbow grease but you'll be surprised at how shinier the glass will be. You might want to seal your grout too so it doesn't get dirty.

You did a great job! Keep those great ideas coming!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here