Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
trophies in the garden

Posted by katie_in zone 5b IN (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 26, 11 at 19:06

I have several trophies from my kids playing sports over the years. I know something can be done with them but what?

Please help!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: trophies in the garden

Katie, this doesn't belong in the yard, but, I took about 30 of my sons trophies, all different kinds and made them into Christmas ornaments for him when he left home. I took all the the little people (and gold pieces, archers, ball players, dancers,you name it) and put them on top of satin ornaments. I saved all the plaques with writing on them for him too. You could make something for the yard out of the marble pieces maybe.
Frou

o

The Salvage Studio was a junk retailer in Edmonds, Washington(now defunct) created by Beth Evans-Ramos and Lisa Hilderbrand. The two women wrote a book entitled "The Salvage Studio: Sustainable Home Comforts to Organize, Entertain and Inspire." One of their garden junk projects was to make "garden goddesses" made from discarded trophies. I think they also made some male counterparts. They were basically totems made with metal scraps with the trophy topper on top. If you get a chance, look their book up at your local library or buy a used copy. It has some wonderful garden junk projects in it. Below is a link to a preview of the book. If you scroll down, you should be able to find the "garden goddesses."

Here is a link that might be useful: The Salvage Studio book preview

o

I've used the trophy tops on the end of plant supports for climbing plants. I've also attached them to the top of stakes and tucked them in with plants here and there just for fun.

o

hmmm I'm thinking of spray painting the whole trophy with that "stone" looks stuff. Then boardering a flower plot. Maybe using Liquid Nails to stick them onto blocks.. hmm will think about that.

o

dulcimerduo, that idea sounds cool!
I wonder if I can find some at the TS...

o

Love that book, Luna!
I saw several things that I would like to make....

o

Katie_in, I registered (for free)on www.mytrophies.com where you can display the trophies in a room by saving the pictures of the trophies, then you can write what happened that day and attach pictures and videos if you like. It is the best way to save your kids' best memories and safely store the trophies in garage :) without disappointing anybody. I hope this helps. PS: rooms have different themes, check out Grace and Power design and let me know. Pretty awesome.

Here is a link that might be useful: MyTrophies.com website

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here