Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathryn_botard

Do you have a Flower Bed?

Kathryn Botard
15 years ago

I am thinking about using one of my iron beds as a flower bed but am not sure. Has anyone here made a flower bed out of a real bed? I've seen some and they are adorable. I guess I could just put the bed together and see what it would look like in the yard.

Please post pictures if you have any, Thanks!

Comments (18)

• dkline_2008
    15 years ago

I have one but its dark out right now. I'll take a pic and post it in the morning. Of course , the plants have not really come out of dormancy yet so it wont look as good as it does in the summer.
    Deb

• laurastheme
    15 years ago

I had one at the house we sold a couple years ago. I used a headboard and footboard. My husband attached them to a wooden bed sized box. Then I painted flowers 'flower bed' on one of the boards. I probably have a photo somewhere, but not sure if I can find it.

• luvs2click
    15 years ago

I don't have a flower bed myself, but here are some shots taken of my friend's. This was originally an iron baby crib that they took apart and used as a headboard and footboard. The last picture is obviously later in the season.
    Arlene

{{gwi:135078}}

{{gwi:135080}}

• cindee11461
    15 years ago

I have one but am redoing it with grasses. So no pictures yet(-: I also have a water feature with a bed frame. I love the above pictures(-:

• spedigrees z4VT
    14 years ago

luvs, your friend's flower bed is just gorgeous! I love those old ornate metal head/foot boards. Just beautiful!

• dkline_2008
    14 years ago

Here's mine. This was taken a couple of years ago. Its much fuller now.
    {{gwi:135082}}
    Sorry the picture is so small.
    Deb

• backyardmom
    14 years ago

My neighbor gave me a small metal bed about 3wks ago.Can't wait to plant in it.I am going to plant wave petunias in it...

• cindee11461
    14 years ago

I have been looking at flower beds and found this
    {{gwi:135083}}

• dkline_2008
    14 years ago

Oh my!! That is awesome!! I want one like that now. Wow. I"m in awe!! That took alot of work. Very nice.
    Deb

• fldirt
    14 years ago

OMG!! That is awesome. Makes me want to go out & find an old bed but I can't draw or paint.

• Kathryn Botard
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oh my gosh, I haven't visited in a while. Life is starting to overtake me. Cindee that is an awesome garden. Is that, is that a waterfall in a frame or old window?

• tulipfarmer
    14 years ago

I love these beds!
    We made one last year using an old headboard and
    footboard and the bed was old concrete blocks.
    Laurel
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v117/tulipfarmer/New%20project%20for%202008/

• cindee11461
    14 years ago

Kathy,
    That is a fountain in a mirror. I think that is so cool. Not sure how they did it but looks like someone could figure it out here(-:

Tulipfarmer,
    Your bed is beautiful! What does the sign say?

CiNdEeS' GaRdEn

• kterlep
    14 years ago

Please just be sure that it's "junk" - I was given an old iron bed (rusty and gross) that I wire-brushed and painted. It's in my daughter's room, and a friend recently told me it was worth at least $700.

But those beds are GORGEOUS!

• Kathryn Botard
    Original Author
    14 years ago

kterlep, is your iron bed really heavy? I wouldn't put one like that in the yard either. I have 2 lightweight iron beds, maybe metal that aren't worth anything.

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

You know what I have been seeing in magazines? Raised beds made to look like a bed planted with grass. They are made to be used as an outdoor bed to lie on! I can't find a picture on the internet to show as an example but they seem very cool.

• kblake1985
    14 years ago

OMG! I LOVE that wooden flower bed! I WANT one! It's just so full and luscious!

I LOVE the metal beds too, but I'm really drawn to the wooden!

• cait1
    14 years ago

Cindee, that pic is AWESOME!!! And I love your blog... haven't read it all and will when I have more time.

I have a wooden bed I found on trash day in the garage that I was going to use for another bed bench but after seeing that pic may use it for a flower bed instead.

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA