Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

New Idea for the plate flowers

toomuchglass
16 years ago

I made 16 of them today .... They look so cool !

but I'm thinking .... looking at them -- thay are so simple & sweet .... they could be hung on inside wall and be called -----------

"WALLFLOWERS" .

---------OR---------

I could put them on pipes for the garden and call them the "DISH GARDEN " ... (*sigh* I Hate copying anyone )

Please give me your opinion. The pic that follows are the plates that are glued and laying my kitchen table. If I could have taken a pic of them up on a wall --- they'd look so different ! ( I Still have to jazz a few up )

I'd love your opinion !

Pics :

{{gwi:135154}}

{{gwi:135156}}

{{gwi:135158}}

{{gwi:135161}}

Comments (28)

• justlinda
    16 years ago

Hi TMG, I think they'd look much better hanging on my wall, LOL

They'd even be lovely in the center of a picture frame and then placed on the wall like objets d'art.

But I bet they'd look lovely no matter what the presentation. My humble opinion.

• Purplemoon
    16 years ago

I LOVE the Wallflowers!!! Those are great. That center dish (tea light holder I believe you said?) is just the perfect touch. The lacey blue and the sunflower are my favorites, and would definitely stay inside as wallflowers.
    I bet these would be a hit at a craft show!

I'm going to go brag about them on another Forum and send folks to see.
    WONDERFUL JOB !!!

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    16 years ago

Where's all your ENERGY coming from? WOW ... those "wallflowers" are great! My favs are also the sunflower and the lacey blue one. I think they would be great indoors or outdoors.

If you're going to sell them at the craft show, I would shoot for "wallflowers" so you don't have all the work of flanges, pipes, etc. There is a fabric-type hanger you can buy that could be superglued to the back that I think would work. Don't know the name of them but I've used them before and they are pretty strong...I think any hardware store, Walmart, Target or whatever carries them.

Great work! If you get this much done with your arm trouble, I can't even imagine what you'll get done when you're healed! Great work! Jeanne S.

• juicyfruitkid
    16 years ago

Hi, I think they would look great on a wall. They are sooo cute!

• Momof6
    16 years ago

Those are really pretty...great job...Mary

• delphinium33
    16 years ago

Toooooo cute. Love them.

• susiesunshine
    16 years ago

W O W !!!!!!!!!!! Fantastic !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Love 'EM ~~~~~~~~~~ Love ' EM~~~~~~~~~~ Love 'EM !!!!!!!!
    Excellent Idea!!!!!!!!!!
    They
    L@@K so very very sweet....and cheerful!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for the sweet PICS!!!!!!!!!
    and the
    Wonderful Idea !!!!
    You are just in your space !!!!!!
    and Glad to see you enjoying yourself !!!!
    Thanks !
    God Bless !
    SusieSunShine

• Bright199
    16 years ago

You did an awsome job girlie!!! I really like the blue one. I see plates like that with different states in them.... who would have thunk it!!! You know now I'll be watching for them. Thanks for sharing your wonderful flowers.

• mzclassic
    16 years ago

Wow, those are beautiful! I agree that they look like Wall flowers. You did a great job on those!!
    Donna

• garden-potter
    16 years ago

Those are just Beautiful! What about framing them??

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

You've done it again, Toomuchglass--made me green with envy. ;o) I love your plates and agree they are pretty enough to use inside on the wall. Those flower tealight holders you found are just the perfect thing. ;o) Luvs

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I love EASY !!! It didn't even hurt my arm to sqeeze out silicone !!!! Thanks for all the compliments and suggestions . I still have doo dads to add , but as long as it's nothing harder than gluing - I'm all set :)

• jaybird
    16 years ago

Way too cute TMG!!!
    Here are some plate hanger thingys that I have had great success using.....I've even hung trays with them!...and no, I do not have any vested interest in this company!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: click here

• lynnencfan
    16 years ago

Those are just the cutest - my GW never seems to get all those pretty plates or maybe I just never hit it at the right time - thanks for sharing such a really cute idea....

Lynne

• use2bcapecodr
    16 years ago

Gee...I've been missing too much!

Where ever did you find the center dishes? They are wonderful!!

I love your flowers! And...I like the idea of calling them "Wall Flowers"!!

~Sandy~

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

I love the wall idea! You've got me thinking of the patio off my bedroom...the outside walls are so plain, this would be a great way to spruce up a plain jane wall, heck, both sides...hmmm

• ritaotay
    16 years ago

How about holders for decorative plates... They come in plastic, metal and wood, to hang fancy plates on walls... Although I'd be a bit concerned about the weight of your Wallflowers.... Maybe you could use the plate stands instead?

Rita

• mjowest
    16 years ago

I used a white plate holder for my tea cup bird feeders- they come in all different sizes, and state a weight maximum on them.
    I could dig up the site I used, if you're interested.

Aren't these sooo much fun?????

Who gets the credit for thinking up glass flowers???

• daisyme
    16 years ago

Thank you for sharing your BEAUTIFUL flowers! I love them! Where in the world did you find the centers? They are so special!

Daisy

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Mjowest ------ if you have that site - could you post it ? Daisyme - I just stumbled uppon the centers at a "junk" store by me. They were 99 cents each - I bought ALL of them ! LOL

• mjowest
    16 years ago

http://www.hooksandhangers.com/plate_hangers1.htm

I can't find the exact place I ordered from, but this is comparable in price.
    I liked that they had 'bigger' wires, too.

• kudzukween
    16 years ago

Very pretty! Is that a state plate or a milk glass plate?? Love the wallflowers:)

• rchovey
    16 years ago

Those will be a hit no matter how you decide to use them! Fantastic job....and more things to add to my "to do" list!

Ramona

• mary_ruth
    16 years ago

LOVE them, they are so cute! I have not seen that before.

• doedoe2
    16 years ago

I am new here. Would like to see the pictures can't bring them up. How do I do it?

• nonacook
    16 years ago

I hate it when the pictures are removed....

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I didn't mean to remove the pics - I didn't think this post would pop up again ! Here's some more ~~~

{{gwi:135163}}
    {{gwi:135165}}
    {{gwi:135167}}