o
Old wood

Posted by ponderpaul 7a (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 26, 14 at 19:53

Do you throw it in the fire?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Old wood

Or do you clean it up and stand it in the garden!

o

Sometimes I find a treasure in the firewood pile and think to myself--
they didn't REALLY expect me to BURN this did they ??!!
Looks like just the right spot for that one.

o

I save old wood too--along with all the other stuff!

o

I too save old wood and usually put it in the garden. I like what you're doing in your garden!

o

Rescued wood is good! I salvaged this stump from my son's burn pile. I even like the charred areas. I think your flower bed is very pretty.
Carol

o

Carol: Love the charred piece. I work at a small town nursery where the owner allows tree trimmers to dump their chips and log chunks. There are also ancient railroad ties and pallets all over the place. I really enjoy just going "hunting" once in a while

o

Good save!
Kathy

o

Love all the "saved" wood. It's life has just begun.......relaxing in the gardens until it's time is done!

o

My husband cleans out his shop and throws stuff on our burn pile. I let it weather a bit in the rain/sun, then go rescue it and repurpose it. He just shakes his head.

o

I was with my nephew ice fishing when he found this driftwood (tree root) that grew around a rock. It was destined for my garden.

photo Driftwood.jpg

tj

o

Yes, yes ! Save all old wood. Love the stuff. Have lots of smaller pieces of driftwood that I've saved from back a few years when driftwood items were really popular. A couple with interesting features I coated with dark brown liquid shoe polish. Really look nice. I use mine in flower arrangements.

o

Your post here inspired me to finally move my pine knots. they had been sitting in a pile since we moved here. I chose this funny one that kind of looks like a face to put in the corner of my patio. Should get a better picture but my camera battery needs to be charged.

LOL nots the tiny head board training wheels,joke, for the glass top table. Table and head board are zip tied together to try to keep the table from tipping if the dogs bump it.

Loving the rock in the drift wood root.

This post was edited by shades_of_idaho on Wed, Apr 23, 14 at 23:06

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here