Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

Garden Tour and Seahorse

Calamity_J
13 years ago

Finally finished my seahorse...or as someone had called him: Seaserpent!heh heh!

Just in Time to show him off at a Garden Tour I was crazy enough to sign up for! All those Master Gardeners at their Quiet little Horticultural mtgs...wait till I open their eyes up to the world of Garden Junk!!!! My yard ain't much to look at(a work in progress)but I have a lot of garden junk to fill in the gaps!ha! I am actually thinking of trying to sell this guy and the faerey and maybe some other pcs too, who knows, somebody might want em real bad!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:135303}}

Comments (23)

• texann
    13 years ago

Calamity, your seahorse is wonderful. I think you will have no problem selling it if you decide to do so. I would love to see your yard if this is what you call "garden junk"! Post a picture when you have it placed in your garden.

Anne

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

OMgosh, calamity! NO>OOOOOO! You can't sell it ... it has to go out by your new pond!!!! (IMHO) Your seahorse is GORGEOUS! Love the dimensions you've added onto him & also your choice of mosaics! AWESOME! TFS! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

AWESOME !!!!!! I'd buy him in a heartbeat if I could. And especially if I had a pond to place him near. WOW, he turned so gorgeous!

hugs, Karen

• chickiebabeblue
    13 years ago

Jane he's a beauty!

• quidam2
    13 years ago

I like him very much!! I like the colors you chose!

• azcactusflower
    13 years ago

He turned out absoulutely EXQUISITE!!! The colors you chose are beautiful. He certainly is ONE of a KIND. You must keep him and display him by your pond. Thanks for letting us see him.

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Gorgeous, simply gorgeous! I bet he'll sparkle in the sun. I don't know how you can part with him!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

He's beautiful!! Makes the Loc-nes? monster look kind kind of puny! Your guy looks like he's ready for action!! Love his coloring & would be beautiful addition to your yard! Jan

• chevy57red
    13 years ago

He is awesome!! And the colors just perfect!!

• granny2anb
    13 years ago

That will certainly open the eyes of the master gardeners to the possibilities of using different things in the garden. I sure wouldn't call that garden junk. It's awesome.

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

calamity, he is beautiful. You did a wonderful job on him. - Marylee

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Masterpiece is the word that comes to mind. It (he?) will be so awesome by your pond. Wish I could go on your tour and hear the comments and, I assume, amazement at allt he beauty! If you consider selling, be sure to set the price soooo high that you won't regret parting with him. I'd say many hundreds! (dh was so impressed he suggests $1,000) This is better than many mosaics that I see in art galleries for very high prices. And that it can be outside is an added value in my opinion.
    If you feel bad for those of us who can't afford to pay so much start teaching classes! You've really become a master of your art. It would be great if your city would buy it (they seem to be committed to having art downtown) so that everyone could enjoy it.
    Kathy

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

That is stunning and will look amazing in your garden.

You do such great work, I'd love to see pics of your garden when it's all ready for the show.

• toomuchglass
    13 years ago

Jane !!!! You made me gasp !!! It's awesome :)

• LindaArb
    13 years ago

Wow, I opened up your pic and my jaw literally dropped!
    One-of-a-kind piece of art you created!
    Magnificent!

Linda :)

• sorie6 zone 6b
    13 years ago

WOW!!!! I think all the other words are used!!! He is a work of art.

• nonacook
    13 years ago

Good job and GREAT colors!!!!

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

What a great job! He turned out BEAUTIFULLY! I'll bet he's going to look just awesome outside in your garden!

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

Absolutely Stunning......that was a big project and I'm sure worth every hour and dollar spent on it.

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Ooooooooh, Ahhhhhhhh! I love it, it's super fantabulous! Is he done with stain glass or tile?
    Frou

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank You all! I did him with wedi board fins, and stained glass($24/sqft glass!)and his fins are outlined in recycled ball chain from a window blind! Plus some cast kiln glass items on his forehead and down by his tail. My fingers are still healing from all the cutting at the end,(I hand cut the last pcs to get the look down his body that I wanted)Too much in a hurry to grinf the edges smooth, but he is okay now that he(sharp edges) is grouted. I already have a castle by the pond, and he just doesn't go with that them....UNLESS I made it a MERMAID'S castle!!!lol!

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

I went back & looked at the beg of you working on this pc...link below. FANTASTIC finish! Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: SeaHorse and Gnome WIP (calamity jane's)

• shysue
    13 years ago

Beautiful!!!!

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?