Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Colonial Birdhouse Finds a Home Today

Posted by jeannespines 4 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 30, 11 at 20:16

This Colonial Birdhouse I bought in the Fall at a thrift shop...tried to decide whether it would be indoor decor or out...on this beautiful, sunny Spring-y (colder than normal) day, it found a home in my Lily Garden. This is the Fall pic on the porch:

Colonial Birdhouse 9.10

Here in the Lily Garden (no lilies ...kind of dreary out there right now!):

Colonial Birdhouse 3.11

Colonial Birdhouse added to Lily Garden 3.11

Colonial Birdhouse Lily Garden 3.11

While I've been recuperating this month, DH took a pattern & built 2 more out of sturdy barnwood planks...I'll be painting them soon for Farmer's Market (or gifts).

Happy Spring! (gardening w/your GJ!) Jeanne S.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Colonial Birdhouse Finds a Home Today

So cute!!!!!!

o

Very nice, you have a great display there. The posts, the fence and everything looks so nice.

I'm trying to find one of those turbines, just love that. They have them at HD, but first I want to try to get one the GJ way.

o

Jeanne, I like your colonial birdhouse and your whole display. - Marylee

o

The lily garden looks great even without the lilies! Love your collection of birdhouses with the turbine. Be sure to post a picture when your lilies are blooming!

o

Love it way to get creative its neato.
Angie

o

Let's see...my address is:......

Just kidding! Love your colonial birdhouse! Your whole vignette is just lovely!

o

The Colonial Birdhouse fits in perfectly with the others! Love the antique looking red, white & blue too! Perfect for American birds!! Blue birds, red cardinals & what's white up your way? Do you get "snowy owls"? Think they like to be up high & in a tree. Jan

o

Love your display.

o

Oh how wonderful. Twister came thru today and took out at least one birdhouse,a small oak, several barances and TWO arbors! Looks like I will be searching for new birdhouse too
Tanya

o

Even though I posted on the other thread, I just had to comment here also. Love, love, love them and I love seeing your wind turbine. Mine is one of my favorite things in my yard.
Frou

o

Yes, a very lovely vingette. The house has found the perfect home!

o

Great display and the flag is the perfect topper

o

The bird house is really nice and looks fabulous with your other things.
Kathy
ps its snowing here in NH!

o

Ok, everything is growing & the Lilies have started blooming this past week ...here's a pic from today:

Lily Garden Blooming Birdhouses 6.11

A wren lives in the red house...but she poked her head back in when I tried to take pics:

Lily Garden Birsdhouse Hiding Wren 6.11

I dug & dug moving Lilies when I created this Lily garden w/birdhouses (cause we had lost a tree & there was more sun available in the new spot) ...but here's the old garden by the garden shed where Lilies are still bloomin' among the Hydrangea! LOL!

Hydrangeas & Lilies 6.11

Hope you enjoy! Summer is here! (well, sweatshirt weather one day or two & tank tops the next!) TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

o

Oh but the lilies look wonderful in amongst the hydrangea! What serendipity! The bird houses look so sweet and homey. I'd be happy to take up residence if I had feathers.

o

what a fabuolous little village. and the flowers are beautiful!
Kathy

o

Looks really nice with all your flowers blooming.

o

Love that birdhouse! What a find! And your flowers are beautiful too!

Susie

o

Very beautiful vignette! Just love the look of it all together.

We won't even look at a sweatshirt for at least three months!
It's still in the 90's tonight and it's mostly dark outside.

o

Jeanne, I love your birdhouses and creations! This is beautiful with the greenery and flowers around it. You are a garden artist. :o) Thank you for always inspiring me! Bear Hugs! Kirk (My very favorite birdhouse, and I have a gazillion, is the one you and your DH made me for the Christmas exchange!!!)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here