Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Colonial Birdhouse Finds a Home Today

jeannespines
13 years ago

This Colonial Birdhouse I bought in the Fall at a thrift shop...tried to decide whether it would be indoor decor or out...on this beautiful, sunny Spring-y (colder than normal) day, it found a home in my Lily Garden. This is the Fall pic on the porch:

{{gwi:135324}}

Here in the Lily Garden (no lilies ...kind of dreary out there right now!):

{{gwi:135325}}

{{gwi:135328}}

{{gwi:135329}}

While I've been recuperating this month, DH took a pattern & built 2 more out of sturdy barnwood planks...I'll be painting them soon for Farmer's Market (or gifts).

Happy Spring! (gardening w/your GJ!) Jeanne S.

Comments (20)

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

So cute!!!!!!

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

Very nice, you have a great display there. The posts, the fence and everything looks so nice.

I'm trying to find one of those turbines, just love that. They have them at HD, but first I want to try to get one the GJ way.

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

Jeanne, I like your colonial birdhouse and your whole display. - Marylee

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

The lily garden looks great even without the lilies! Love your collection of birdhouses with the turbine. Be sure to post a picture when your lilies are blooming!

• angie83
    13 years ago

Love it way to get creative its neato.
    Angie

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Let's see...my address is:......

Just kidding! Love your colonial birdhouse! Your whole vignette is just lovely!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

The Colonial Birdhouse fits in perfectly with the others! Love the antique looking red, white & blue too! Perfect for American birds!! Blue birds, red cardinals & what's white up your way? Do you get "snowy owls"? Think they like to be up high & in a tree. Jan

• shysue
    13 years ago

Love your display.

• goldenpond
    13 years ago

Oh how wonderful. Twister came thru today and took out at least one birdhouse,a small oak, several barances and TWO arbors! Looks like I will be searching for new birdhouse too
    Tanya

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Even though I posted on the other thread, I just had to comment here also. Love, love, love them and I love seeing your wind turbine. Mine is one of my favorite things in my yard.
    Frou

• quidam2
    13 years ago

Yes, a very lovely vingette. The house has found the perfect home!

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

Great display and the flag is the perfect topper

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

The bird house is really nice and looks fabulous with your other things.
    Kathy
    ps its snowing here in NH!

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ok, everything is growing & the Lilies have started blooming this past week ...here's a pic from today:

{{gwi:135330}}

A wren lives in the red house...but she poked her head back in when I tried to take pics:

{{gwi:135331}}

I dug & dug moving Lilies when I created this Lily garden w/birdhouses (cause we had lost a tree & there was more sun available in the new spot) ...but here's the old garden by the garden shed where Lilies are still bloomin' among the Hydrangea! LOL!

{{gwi:135332}}

Hope you enjoy! Summer is here! (well, sweatshirt weather one day or two & tank tops the next!) TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

• tugsmomma
    12 years ago

Oh but the lilies look wonderful in amongst the hydrangea! What serendipity! The bird houses look so sweet and homey. I'd be happy to take up residence if I had feathers.

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

what a fabuolous little village. and the flowers are beautiful!
    Kathy

• Shades_of_idaho
    12 years ago

Looks really nice with all your flowers blooming.

• susie_gardener_2007
    12 years ago

Love that birdhouse! What a find! And your flowers are beautiful too!

Susie

• rock_oak_deer
    12 years ago

Very beautiful vignette! Just love the look of it all together.

We won't even look at a sweatshirt for at least three months!
    It's still in the 90's tonight and it's mostly dark outside.

• kirkus
    12 years ago

Jeanne, I love your birdhouses and creations! This is beautiful with the greenery and flowers around it. You are a garden artist. :o) Thank you for always inspiring me! Bear Hugs! Kirk (My very favorite birdhouse, and I have a gazillion, is the one you and your DH made me for the Christmas exchange!!!)