Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
quidam2

Itty Bitty Marble Snail

quidam2
13 years ago

I was inspired on here recently to make a snail. I am not going out and buying new stuff so making due with what I have. So, I made a snail out of a marble I had as a child, berry wire, beading wire and two plastic beads. I am going to make more to following each other around on a wooden chair that I use as a planter or around my barrel planter. I know they are small but I am working my way up to bigger ones.

Smiles!

Here is a link that might be useful: snail

Comments (18)

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

Too cute !!!! What kind of wire did you use ?

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

That is cute as a button! We must see more!

You did a great job bending that wire too.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Oh, I like this size! They will be cute on your planters! Very cute! You did a great job! TFS! Jeanne S.

• laurastheme
    13 years ago

I love this. I've been thinking about making snails and this looks like something I'd like to copy if you don't mind.

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

That is adorable. I love it. - Marylee

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Love it! That is so adorable. I agree with jeannespines, that size is just right.

• angie83
    13 years ago

Wow that is so cute love it.
    Angie

• quidam2
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you all for your enthusiastic responses and constant inspiration!

Nanatricia--I used field fencing repair wire that you can get at Home Depot. I just called it berry wire because I usually use it to string up blackberries. It will rust a bit and I think that will add a good look to the snail.

Laurastheme--Of course you can copy it! I post to give ideas to others as I get so many from the creative people here. I didn't even think of making a snail until I saw rmurray's post with his snail sculptures.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

That is an adorable little guy, he went right into our GJ Misc Inspiration album! What a wonderful idea.

hugs, Karen

• princess_mimi
    13 years ago

I love it! I really like that sort of snail better than the kind that usually show up in my garden!

~~Mimi

• shrillmtb
    13 years ago

So cute! What a great idea...I'm going to have to go find my marbles :)

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

He is SOOOO cute! Love it and the size is great too! Did you hot glue the marble and beads on or use something else? Very, very cute!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Very cute!! That's what I needed to do today, put out snail pellets, looped off 1 tomato yesterday. Guess i better go do that! I like yours much better than what's out back, slugs are even worse! ugh!! Jan

• quidam2
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yep, I had to go buy slug bait today.

Marlene--I used E6000 glue. It is like aquarium glue. You could probably use hot glue.

I am just so happy that all of you got a smile or inspiration from the little guy.

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Nice job bending the wire just right!
    Very cute.
    Kathy

• tehuti
    13 years ago

Well you most certainly could have just started a new epidemic. I can visualize vast new armies of delightfully colored snails marauding the backyard gardens and potted plants across America.

What a GREAT creation: There is often no substitute for KISS (Keep It Simple Sir [or Sister]). Marvelous, I love it.

I presume the head was constructed with chandelier crystals.

• azcactusflower
    13 years ago

quidam2,I don't know how I missed your post!!!! That is the cutest little snail!!! As the other ladies have said it looks really simple to make, but it will add alot to potted plants. I just happen to have found a roll of the type of wire you mentioned in my hubby's tool box. Guess who it belongs to now!!!!! Thanks again for sharing.

• hengal
    13 years ago

Your snail is adorable!