Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
azcactusflower

Sun teapot totem

azcactusflower
13 years ago

Here is a totem I just finished. It really shines in the sun! The round marbles were hard to get on. I had to lay it on its side and glue a few and let them dry, then glue some more. That is what took me the longest. The bottom part is from an old lamp and I loved it when I saw it. I just didn't know what I would use it for. You know how that goes. Anyway, I thought it would be perfect with this teapot.

{{gwi:135419}}

Comments (14)

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

azcactusflower, your totem is really neat. It all goes together perfectly. The marbles really set it off. You must have a lot of patience. Great job. - Marylee

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

Very pretty !!! Next time use some tape to hold them on with .

• azcactusflower
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you nanatricia for your suggestion. I didn't even think of that!!! That's why I love this forum, not only good creative ideas but good ideas on how to accomplish things.

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Looks great together & love the teapot & that bottom lamp part! Very classy! Jan

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

That old lamp was a great find, its just perfect for a totem! I'd love to run across one like that but my GW never gets any lamps that seem good for totems. Congrats on a nice score.

hugs, Karen

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

How pretty! Gotta love the sun! I love your lamp base too. Around here thrift stores want ridiculous amounts for lamps, even ugly ones. Yours would probably be priced at $20-$25. I got excited when I found a clunky dark wooden lamp for $4.99. I want to use it as a base for a planter ... after it has been painted that is.

• LindaArb
    13 years ago

I just love it! Puts a big smile on my face, so cheery and nice combinations.

Luna, lamps are priced so high here in Ontario, Canada also.
    I come across some very nice ones but they are asking around $25-$30 at thrift stores. Can't wait for yard sale weather.

• User
    13 years ago

The teapot is wonderful and the amber glass looks great. Around here the thrift stores ask almost as much for lamps as WalMart does. A pretty lamp at GW yesterday was $24.99.

• rafor
    13 years ago

I agree with everyone about some of the high prices at GW. I remember last summer I was at a garage sale and was bargaining with the guy. He kept wanting 10 bucks for a blue vase and I said no, that was out of my price range. He kept going on about how it was worth so much more than that. I said not for what I'm going to do with it!!! If something is going out in the weather I realize it won't last forever, and I won't spend a lot on things that are so exposed to wind and rain and sun.

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

That is beautiful, the blue looks great with the amber. You have a more patience than I do, gluing all those round marbles on there. I have a bunch and still haven't decided what I'm going to do with them. The lamp was a great find and I agree it's hard finding inexpensive ones.
    Frou

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

The marbles really gives it pizzaz. Love the color combo

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Very cool!! So bright and cheery and the lamp base is really pretty!

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Wow! Stunning. And you got it perfectly straight. I'mjealous of that cuz mine tend to list a bit.
    Kathy

• azcactusflower
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you ladies for all your comments. Gosh I didn't realize that old lamps were that expensive. I guess I really lucked out because I bought this one and a crystal bottom one at a yard sale for $2.00 each. The lady's mom had passed away and she didn't want them, she just wanted to get rid of them. They were all crusty and dirty from being in the store room. They looked really crudy until I washed them up!! I guess yard sales are the best bet. My local thrift store has them priced $5.00-$10.00, which now, after reading your comments, is not high at all.

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022