Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Glass bird bath

Posted by garianntx (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 17, 09 at 21:51

I made a glass bird bath the other day. I had this huge glass bowl that I bought at a sample sale at work a few years ago for $1. Never could find a good place for it in the house. I also had some small glass chunks that I put in the bottom. If the birds want to sit on them, great! If not, then they look pretty sparkling in the sun.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Glass bird bath

VERY nice! Love the look of the glass pieces in the bottom! What bird wouldn't love that?

o

Gorgeous piece. Makes me think of my grandmothers fine lace.

Kathy

o

Very pretty...I bet all these new creations will look so nice amongst the flowers this summer...

o

Lovely, feminine, beautiful- Susie/TEXAS

o

Your yard will be the birdee spa of the neighborhood with that bath. Love the classy tub!
Vickie

o

That turned out really pretty, and will be nice for the birds too. Luvs

o

I love the sturdy look of it, very nice! You've got the "talent" for making great totems! The colored glass adds a very nice touch. ~tenderlee

o

I love the base as well as the great $1 bowl.

kathy

o

Love it! The glass chunks are a nice add... I have the perfect spot for it in my garden if you tire if it... LOL

o

It's beautiful! I have to ask, being new to this...what was used in making the base? AND this apartment is the windyest place I've ever lived...is it heavy enough to withstand a decent wind (maybe more...I am in Tornado country)?

Thanks,
Suz

o

Sudimari-
I, too, live in a windtunnel! I make sure that my base, the bottom plate and the first piece of totem- are HEAVY and wide.- those microwave plates are priceless for the bottom!
then when I'm attaching the pieces, I push down firmly, to make sure the pieces are truly connected.
Then after drying for 24 hours, I Puuuuull on the pieces to make sure that they do not come apart.
THEN I bury the bottom of the totem under bark, dirt, or whatever is in my garden, adding a few good rocks under and sometimes on top just for good measure.
The totem looks like it's standing on its own and unless something else hits it (it has happened!) it's good to go!

Try it!

o

Thank you!

I used two heavy-duty vases (from the thrift store..they happened to be identical) along with 3 heavy cut-glass plates. I don't really like having the plates where they are, but felt they were needed for stability.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here