Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dollydee_gw

Went back to the estate sale & bought more!!

dollydee
13 years ago

I went back today to see if the landscaping stones had been marked down. Saturday they wanted $3 each, well just as I walked up they were sold..ugghh! They were selling EVERYTHING...trees, shrubs, stones, you name it, come to find out house is in foreclosure.

So I walked around and picked up a few more garden art items. I had spoken with them Sat about the storage building, they said they would sell it for $500, today I asked again, said $200. I called DH, he came & looked at it, said there was no way to get it out b/c of trees, fence, etc. Then I looked up & saw the really nice arbor, and you know I had to ask..LOL Salesperson said, let me check..yep, $200 :)

DH said there was $800-900 worth of lumber, $300+ in brackets, screws & bolts

So now I am the owner of a huge arbor that we have to go take down tomorrow :) Pictures do not do it justice. It is extremely well built & in great shape, looks like they had lattice on top, then decided to put tin on top of that.

We're going to be building a deck on the back of the new house, and would you believe typical man thing, he's talking about using my perfectly lovely arbor to build the deck out of??? hmmph..I don't think so!!! Already had the deck in the budget, and I got news for him...I WILL WIN this battle!!! LOL Click on the small pix to see larger ones.

{{gwi:135713}}{{gwi:135715}}{{gwi:135716}}

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Columbus' Home Design Experts Specializing in Custom Cabinets