Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
glow in the dark paint

Posted by Rustic_Hippie Missouri (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 9, 14 at 23:17

I have a clear glass goldfish bowl. If I painted it with the glow in the dark paint and then placed it upside down over a solar light from what I have read it should glow in the dark but do you think it would reflect the sun and catch the mulch on fire like they said clear glass would do?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: glow in the dark paint

That's a great question and I'm afraid I don't know the answer, but I would think that the paint would keep that from happening. Isn't it opaque with the paint on it? Hopefully, some of our other junkers can answer too.

o

Here is a thread from last year about glow paint.

Here is a link that might be useful: glowin the dark paint 2013

o

Thank you all so much for your replies.

o

They dont make this out of radioactive substances anymore do they? Will always remember the can of glow in the dark paint my dad kept in the garage and all the fun we kids had getting into it and painting stuff with it. Of course now I'm a ticking time bomb healthwise-LOL. Ah those were the days (50s-60s). Kids cant have any fun these days!

o

Good question kashka_kat. I don't know the answer to that. Anyone else know?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here