Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Beer bottle blossom

Posted by donna1442 z5OH (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 28, 14 at 23:25

I just recently found out about these, and i love them! Does anyone out there have a pattern for them. I have scads of bottles and I think these would not be too hard to make. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Beer bottle blossom

OH That is really pretty. It looks like wooden dowels drilled into the top of that post. I can see some thing through the bottle.

I was thinking of using short bits of rebar (18 inches or so) and having my friend weld them to a wheel rim or? Thought it would be pretty to have as the center like your flower. Then do some cement cast leaves around the base.

o

Pretty cool! Love the blue!

o

Love it. I think it is dowels.
Kathy

o

I love it also and agree it looks like wood dowels.

o

get some of the nails they use to put up rain gutters, I got some at Lowes and they are long enouh for the beer bottles... GeeMee

o

The nails is a great idea.... I can hardly wait to try this out. I have over 200 bottles and I have a blue garden these would be perfect in.

o

I would drill holes and drive rebar into them--wooden dowels rot too fast for me!
Or use the 12 inch nails that were mentioned.

o

That is really pretty! A row of green bottles at the bottom would look good too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here