Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
yesterday I whitewashed.....................

Posted by rosepetal2 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 24, 08 at 2:55

the old rustic grayed wood in the garden. I didn't want pure white more a beachy/whitewashed look. This was the bench I made (posted in gate, pallet and posts) as well as a planter box on legs. I'm pleased with their new look

before

Photobucket

after whitewashing

Photobucket

Diane

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: yesterday I whitewashed.....................

They look WONDERFUL white-washed! I love how they turned out, and the whole setting for that matter. Those gates really enhance everything!
I have some stuff I want to white-wash, but I'm afraid of messing it up where it looks too painted. What ratio did you do the paint and water on yours?

hugs, Karen

o

I love it, it looks great. The whitewashing really makes it look fantastic.

o
RE: yesterday I whitewashed.....................///

I watered the white latex outdoor paint down 1/2 paint 1/2 water, and I didn't put much on the wood until I knew how it would look. I did go over some for a second coat, that old wood really absorbed the paint.
Thanks for the nice comments.
Diane

o

Very, very pretty...looks like a wonderful place to go sit and meditate or read a good book. Jeanne S.

o

love the way it "pops". i also like the fact you did one bench and one box. you did a great job.
kathy

o

OOoohhh! Very nice setting! I just love the gates and how you've used them.

o

*Applauds* Great work! The gates look wonderful as benches!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here